Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

More
8 years 7 months ago #3681 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
I usually only drop comics into iTunes, but after this issue started, I have tried both methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3682 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

Pfantom wrote: I usually only drop comics into iTunes, but after this issue started, I have tried both methods.


Did you retry when 404 happens? We mean cmd+r or f5 in firefox, just to confirm that the page is never loaded....

Could you paste here the contents of the file downloaded in step number 3?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3683 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

File Attachment:

File Name: 8.zip
File Size:770 B

cmd+r or F5 did not provide any different results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3684 by selmf
This is strange. The file you've sent is the one that I'd expect when you click "IMPORT" instead of "READ". When clicking "READ" you should get a file called "remote".

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3685 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
I have that as well.

File Attachment:

File Name: remote.zip
File Size:871 B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3687 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
I don't see anything wrong :angry:

Sorry, more questions, do you have any kind of third party firewall or antivirus installed?

And whats your default language/locale in macos? english?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3688 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
No third party firewall
Avast Security
MacOS Default Language = English

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3689 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
the connection between iOS and desktop use http, which is not secure, maybe Avast is detecting that?

Could you disable avast momentarily and check again?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3750 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
I've since disabled any antivirus software and updated to the latest version of YACReader/YACReader Library.pr

I still cannot import via wireless or iTunes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3751 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
After actually uninstalling Avast and disabling the native MacOS firewall, I still have the same error whether I use the USB Cable or try wireless.

Did you get anywhere with the second file that I sent you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!