- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad
- al
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 11 months ago #5504
by al
Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad was created by al
Hello, I have checked many posts on this forum without finding a solution for my problem but I'm not a specialist 
So here is my question
I can read the comics from my NAS on my ipad with Yacreader but only when I export/download the files. Is it possible to read only the files without downloading them?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards Al
So here is my question
I can read the comics from my NAS on my ipad with Yacreader but only when I export/download the files. Is it possible to read only the files without downloading them?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards Al
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 11 months ago #5505
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad
You need to install the server in your NAS
Check the top pinned posts here: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux
Check the top pinned posts here: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- al
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #5507
by al
Replied by al on topic Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad
Thanks for your reply Luis but those forum items are for "pro users" or are problem solvers for users (in my opinion)
Can I find a clear step by step guide(for dummies)to solve this issue? Many thanks Al
Can I find a clear step by step guide(for dummies)to solve this issue? Many thanks Al
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
5 years 9 months ago #5616
by alext41
Replied by alext41 on topic Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad
i had the same issues. I tried the following:
- the docker, but this was not really performant and updates not so easy
- an raspberry but also not the best solution (was not really always mapping the NAS and on import it hangs from time to time)
Final solution is now a small Windows 10 PC where the Yacreader Server is running.
This is me mini pc: www.amazon.de/AK1-Desktop-Computer-Dual-...tooth/dp/B075RZT2PW/
This is all working now. I use also a program to put the server in standby and wake it up when needed.
- the docker, but this was not really performant and updates not so easy
- an raspberry but also not the best solution (was not really always mapping the NAS and on import it hangs from time to time)
Final solution is now a small Windows 10 PC where the Yacreader Server is running.
This is me mini pc: www.amazon.de/AK1-Desktop-Computer-Dual-...tooth/dp/B075RZT2PW/
This is all working now. I use also a program to put the server in standby and wake it up when needed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alpha113
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #5856
by alpha113
Replied by alpha113 on topic Reading cbr files from Synology NAS on Ipad
the easiest way to install it is using docker on synology. use this guide to install (for qnap, but works with synology as well).
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/15...ver-using-docker-nas
let me know if you have any issues. i ended up getting it up and running and works really well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel