- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5)
- anneclare123
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #9994
by anneclare123
Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5) was created by anneclare123
Do you have any plans to implement real-time translation in the YACReader app on iOS?
Currently, with YACReader app on iOS, I can select each speech bubble individually, then use "Translate" app to get a pop-up translation on the screen. However, I think it would be much better if it could directly translate the entire comic page at once, and display the translations as pop-ups on all speech bubbles simultaneously.
Currently, with YACReader app on iOS, I can select each speech bubble individually, then use "Translate" app to get a pop-up translation on the screen. However, I think it would be much better if it could directly translate the entire comic page at once, and display the translations as pop-ups on all speech bubbles simultaneously.
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 months 3 days ago #10001
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Live Translation
I have a preliminary version already working, it needs some testing and polishing.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- all4all
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 4
5 months 1 week ago #10023
by all4all
Replied by all4all on topic Live Translation
hi Luis, I am testing the live translation but not sure where to give feedback. could you advise the best to method to give feedback. is this right thread? It is great feature!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 months 1 week ago #10024
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Live Translation
There has been a discussion over Discord about this, so I could iterate a bit before releasing it. I have pushed it to production (it's waiting for review). Here it's ok too.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: all4all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- all4all
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 4
5 months 1 week ago #10025
by all4all
Replied by all4all on topic Live Translation
I finally gave my feedback on the TestFlight app on iPad. my major issue is app uses apple translate despite that I choose Google Translate as default app. there is no way I can verify which translate app is in use. would be great to see on options screen. more fonts would be welcome as well.
last but not least, if app keeps record of the file translation settings
All an all it is a magnificent feature and concept works very well.
last but not least, if app keeps record of the file translation settings
All an all it is a magnificent feature and concept works very well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 months 1 week ago #10026
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Live Translation
Yeah, translation happens using Apple's local infrastructure. There is no data sent outside your device, so it's a 100% dependent on the iOS ecosystem.
The options screen is what you see when the live translation is launched using the Tr button. I don't expect a lot of changes in settings after the initial testing and setup, but I could add a button to open the settings without having to dismiss and reopen the translator.
The current fonts are shipped with iOS but I need to find some that work well with all the languages supported by the translation and have a compatible license.
The options screen is what you see when the live translation is launched using the Tr button. I don't expect a lot of changes in settings after the initial testing and setup, but I could add a button to open the settings without having to dismiss and reopen the translator.
The current fonts are shipped with iOS but I need to find some that work well with all the languages supported by the translation and have a compatible license.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: all4all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- all4all
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 33
- Thank you received: 4
5 months 1 week ago #10031
by all4all
Replied by all4all on topic Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5)
i have been testing it with apples native translate app as standard-Although i choose google translate as default translate in ios settings, YAC reader still uses apple translate. Apple translate is a disaster. Does not recognize context at all. Translations are just almost unreadable. I have google translate which works offline as well and deepL as options.
It would be a huge improvement if yac reader uses the default chosen translate app on ios. in my case i would use google translate
It would be a huge improvement if yac reader uses the default chosen translate app on ios. in my case i would use google translate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 months 1 week ago #10032
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5)
I'll leave here the publication post:
www.yacreader.com/73-yacreader-3-37-for-ios-live-translation
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: all4all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mysterandom
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
5 months 5 days ago #10037
by mysterandom
Replied by mysterandom on topic Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5)
Is the Translation feature bugged for JP language? Can't seem to get it to work on translating JP to EN.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mysterandom
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
5 months 5 days ago #10038
by mysterandom
Replied by mysterandom on topic Live Translation (update: available since 3.37.5)
I can't view my post so I'm reposting this, but it seems the translation feature is bugged for translating JP to EN. It loads but stops working all of a sudden.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel