- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
- Ponk
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #1946
by Ponk
Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? was created by Ponk
Hi all,
Just in the last few weeks I've suddenly been encountering an issue with importing comics via iTunes/Lightning USB cable to my iPad Air. For the majority of the comic files the progress bar will get to less than half-complete before jumping to the next file, only to come up with the error...
I've checked the files themselves and they are intact - in fact, a second (or third, or fourth) attempt on the same file is sometimes successful. Nothing has changed about the format or file types I'm using, I've attempted to use an alternate USB cable for comparison with the same results, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Has anyone else experienced this same trouble lately, or maybe have some idea what's causing it?
Edit: For clarity, I'm using the latest version of YACreader on iOS 9.2, in conjunction with iTunes 12.3.2.35 on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Just in the last few weeks I've suddenly been encountering an issue with importing comics via iTunes/Lightning USB cable to my iPad Air. For the majority of the comic files the progress bar will get to less than half-complete before jumping to the next file, only to come up with the error...
"Error importing comics
There were error during the import process, please, check your files and/or network connectivity."
I've checked the files themselves and they are intact - in fact, a second (or third, or fourth) attempt on the same file is sometimes successful. Nothing has changed about the format or file types I'm using, I've attempted to use an alternate USB cable for comparison with the same results, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Has anyone else experienced this same trouble lately, or maybe have some idea what's causing it?
Edit: For clarity, I'm using the latest version of YACreader on iOS 9.2, in conjunction with iTunes 12.3.2.35 on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Ponk. Reason: Updated info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 9 months ago #1949
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
I will try to replicate this.
You have to wait until the comics are fully copied into the device before you try to import them. Is iTunes still synching when you try to import?
You have to wait until the comics are fully copied into the device before you try to import them. Is iTunes still synching when you try to import?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ponk
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #1953
by Ponk
Replied by Ponk on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
The files are definitely completely copied before I attempt the import - depending on how many files I'm working with, I usually do them in batches of 10-15 at a time. I also usually stop the iPad sync when I'm loading comics on, as it tends to delay the App tab from loading up in the first place (if I don't stop it, it's because I've connected the iPad early so sync can finish first).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Nitemare15
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #1960
by Nitemare15
Replied by Nitemare15 on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
I am definitely having the same issue. I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina on El Capitan. I have an iPad Air 2 on 8.3. I can update to 9.2 if needed. I've tried to do it via importing through iTunes and I get the same error the topic creator has. I've also tried via wifi and the YAC server. Still the same error. Any input in fixing this would be great.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #1977
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
Are you keeping the app opened while it is importing? I would like to replicate this, it really needs to be fixed before the next release.
Sorry for the late response.
Sorry for the late response.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #1981
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
Guys, could you send me an e-mail?, I would like to share with you the development version, I would like to see if that version also has the bug.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ponk
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #1986
by Ponk
Replied by Ponk on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
Emailed through to the support address 
Just as an update, I experimented this week with reducing the number of files I'm trying to import at once. It seems fewer files has a bit of a better success rate, but even importing a single file I've seen it fail almost immediately after hitting the Import button (the progress bar blinked to 4% then came up with the error).
Just as an update, I experimented this week with reducing the number of files I'm trying to import at once. It seems fewer files has a bit of a better success rate, but even importing a single file I've seen it fail almost immediately after hitting the Import button (the progress bar blinked to 4% then came up with the error).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- calevizo
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2021
by calevizo
Replied by calevizo on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
Hello
Similar problem here
Ipad Air 2 (v9.1 13B143)
iTunes v12.3.2.35
YACReader v2
after copying 1-2 CBR files with iTunes (USB), no error during copy
when I try to import them there are no files available for import,
I tried the files using YACReader on the PC and they work,
The import was attempted after the copy was completed
tried restarting the device but still, no files to import
Similar problem here
Ipad Air 2 (v9.1 13B143)
iTunes v12.3.2.35
YACReader v2
after copying 1-2 CBR files with iTunes (USB), no error during copy
when I try to import them there are no files available for import,
I tried the files using YACReader on the PC and they work,
The import was attempted after the copy was completed
tried restarting the device but still, no files to import
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by calevizo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #2024
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
calevizo, please, send me an e-mail with your Apple ID. The next version is being tested, but I can't get any feedback from the testers about this issue
So I am not sure if this is already fixed or not.
You are saying "when I try to import them there are no files available for import", what happens to them?
You are saying "when I try to import them there are no files available for import", what happens to them?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- calevizo
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #2026
by calevizo
Replied by calevizo on topic Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?
Hello Luis
I can see/delete the files from iTunes, but there is no way to import the files from the app
ofc I will help anyway I can
I can see/delete the files from iTunes, but there is no way to import the files from the app
ofc I will help anyway I can
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel