- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Viewing metadata in Library
- thunderpuppy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 1 month ago #6187
by thunderpuppy
Viewing metadata in Library was created by thunderpuppy
Hi- just started working with the library, and I'm finding it to be a bit of a mixed bag... which may be user error, because I'm just starting out.
For example, searches are effective but the results are hard to work with. I can't change or add columns (I can search for authors or artists, but the returns don't actually show any of that info). The results are always by issue number, so if I search for an author, it's a list of every issue and volume number 1 of each title, followed by adding that happens to be a #2... usually I can click the climb l column header to sort by that data: series, title, date, etc... but I can't seem to do anything to really make the metadata accessable or usable in the library.
I might just be using it wrong... but I can't see any way to make adjustments in settings either.
Any thoughts?
For example, searches are effective but the results are hard to work with. I can't change or add columns (I can search for authors or artists, but the returns don't actually show any of that info). The results are always by issue number, so if I search for an author, it's a list of every issue and volume number 1 of each title, followed by adding that happens to be a #2... usually I can click the climb l column header to sort by that data: series, title, date, etc... but I can't seem to do anything to really make the metadata accessable or usable in the library.
I might just be using it wrong... but I can't see any way to make adjustments in settings either.
Any thoughts?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 1 month ago #6188
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Viewing metadata in Library
Sorting by column (or adding columns) is not possible yet. But what do you exactly want to achieve?
Starting with 9.0 there are a couple of views where you can see the metadata of the selected issue: yacreader.com/47-yacreader-9-0-is-finally-out
You should be able to refine a search as much as you want yacreader.com/57-new-version-9-8-0 and then you can create a reading list with the results (add a reading list, and drag and drop the comics).
Starting with 9.0 there are a couple of views where you can see the metadata of the selected issue: yacreader.com/47-yacreader-9-0-is-finally-out
You should be able to refine a search as much as you want yacreader.com/57-new-version-9-8-0 and then you can create a reading list with the results (add a reading list, and drag and drop the comics).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- anton04
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 4 months ago #8458
by anton04
Replied by anton04 on topic Viewing metadata in Library
It would be nice to be able to click on a column and have all of the books be listed by that column's order instead of just issue number. When you have series that are separated by volumes but restart their issue number every volume, it would be nice to be able to quickly organize them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 4 months ago #8461
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Viewing metadata in Library
There is some discussion about this on Discord:
discord.com/channels/917481792179679263/.../1235156081429319721
Volumes should be grouped, and that would be part of the reading order logic. Until I change the behavior you can put different volumes in subfolders.
Volumes should be grouped, and that would be part of the reading order logic. Until I change the behavior you can put different volumes in subfolders.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 10 months ago #9081
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Viewing metadata in Library
+1 for sorting per column, or grouping by series, .. in the search results
Can you also add more Metadata columns from comicInfo.xml, like
tx!
anansi-project.github.io/docs/comicinfo/schemas/v2.1
Can you also add more Metadata columns from comicInfo.xml, like
- <Count>
- <Web>
- <Writer>
tx!
anansi-project.github.io/docs/comicinfo/schemas/v2.1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago #9082
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Viewing metadata in Library
The metadata from ComicInfo.xml is added and it is used in the grid view and the comic info views, there are some screenshots here:
www.yacreader.com/47-yacreader-9-0-is-finally-out
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 9 months ago #9083
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Viewing metadata in Library
gracias.
I was using the table view, which doesn't contain all columns, but 12 columns, correct?
in the comic info view I can se the count, writer , ... indeed (tx). (Web still assume comicvine, while I have 2 URLs from bedetheque (one for the serie one for the album)
example:
<Web> bedetheque.com/serie-3248-BD-Profs.html www.bedetheque.com/BD-Profs-Tome-21-Rent...s-clashs-341979.html
merci!
I was using the table view, which doesn't contain all columns, but 12 columns, correct?
in the comic info view I can se the count, writer , ... indeed (tx). (Web still assume comicvine, while I have 2 URLs from bedetheque (one for the serie one for the album)
example:
<Web> bedetheque.com/serie-3248-BD-Profs.html www.bedetheque.com/BD-Profs-Tome-21-Rent...s-clashs-341979.html
merci!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 9 months ago #9125
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Viewing metadata in Library
Hi Luis,
is it ok to add /change the way the Web URLs are used ?
tx & Merry Xmas!
is it ok to add /change the way the Web URLs are used ?
tx & Merry Xmas!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9132
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Viewing metadata in Library
The app needs a major refactoring to support different URL metadata sources.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 9 months ago #9134
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Viewing metadata in Library
tx.
An idea could be to keep the current code, assuming still comicvine urls,
but also parse the <web> to a secondary Db field, assuming it's anopther whateer url, and allow in the Apps to show/click that one ? (wee my other post around it)
Feliz!
An idea could be to keep the current code, assuming still comicvine urls,
but also parse the <web> to a secondary Db field, assuming it's anopther whateer url, and allow in the Apps to show/click that one ? (wee my other post around it)
Feliz!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel