Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReaderLibrary won't start

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7431 by danhackley
YACReaderLibrary won't start was created by danhackley
I'm trying to run YACReaderLibrary in Win11. I've had it working before. Currently, it won't start. When I run YACReaderLibrary.exe, the cursor turns to the hourglass a couple of times briefly, but then nothing happens. No YACReader process appears in Task Manager.

Any help appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #7432 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Is it starting to the system tray?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7434 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
No, nothing appears in the system tray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #7436 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Go to "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader" and move the folder YACReaderLibrary to your Desktop. Then try again. If it works, please, do not delete that folder, zip it and send it to me.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7438 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Hi, if I move that folder, then YACReaderLibrary does start - though without any of my libraries in it. I can send you a zip of that folder. What should I do in the meantime with my libraries?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7439 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Here is the zip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #7442 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Just add them again, all the metadata is still in the libraries. Add them one by one, and restart YACReaaderLibrary in between just in case there is a library causing troubles.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7443 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
When you say add them again, do you mean select "create a new library" or "open an existing library"?

If I choose to open an existing library, it asks me to enter the library name and choose the comics folder. When I enter the information and click OK, the app crashes.

I am then not able to open the app, with the same problem as before - it just doesn't appear. If I delete the YACReaderLibrary folder, then the app opens with the message "You don't have any libaries yet". This time I select "create your first library" and give it a name and point it to the folder. When I click "create", it says "importing comics" and I can see some of the items being added. However, when the process has apparently finished (that window disappears and it takes me to the main YACReaderLibrary window, the library name is at the top left but no items are shown (see screenshot).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #7444 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Where do you have your comics stored? It sounds like YACReader is not able to write to the destination.

What happens if you create a small test library in a folder in your desktop?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 7 months ago #7446 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start
Interesting you should ask that Luis. The comics are stored on a local NAS, connected via ethernet. I recently had some problems with the NAS resulting in the data going offline, but it's back up and running now.

When I copied some comics to a local folder, they would import into YACReaderLibrary fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!