- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
- bzodonnell
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
I have an Asus Transformerbook T200TA running Windows 10. I recently installed YACReader and YACReaderLibrary, and really like the interface and appearance. However, I would like to set it up so that, in addition to being able to go from page to page by pressing keys on the keyboard, that I will be able to swipe or tap on the screen to advance the page. It doesn't need to be perfect - just good enough so that when I detach the tablet from the keyboard, I can orient the device vertically and still go from page to page.
I tried going into the Settings menu in YACReaderLibrary, but could not find anything corresponding to a click or touch. Preferably, I'd love to be able to go forward or back by pressing the screen.
Is this possible in the current version of YACReader?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
By now there is no touch support. I want to add a touch front end to YACReader for Windows, but I am not sure when I am going to have time for it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bzodonnell
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gonzaxpain
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
I like to read comics on my Surface pro and nothing can beat YAC Reader when it comes to presentation and interface so having touch support would be awesome. I still use YAC whenever I want to take a look at my library or choose a new comic to read but it is a shame I can't go and read them with it too.
Así que Luis, cuando tengas tiempo, sería genial!
Thanks a lot anyway for your software, I love it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FlYM
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
I also registered to ask if this were possible. Only with a mouse click would be enough.
Thanks again (gracias!!!)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FlYM
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
selmf wrote: Well, a simple mouse click would be easier to implement than touch gestures. Could you explain how you'd imagine this feature a little more detailed? Because right now, mouse clicks are used to move the pages in the window …
Would it be easier to implement that if you were in full-screen and :
- You clicked in a specific corner (top-left and top-right, for instance) you went forwards and backwards? The rest of the screen can still be used to move the page.
Or
- Measuring the time of the click. One short click means go forward, three short clicks means go backward.
The one that would be faster to program!
Well just my two cents
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gonzaxpain
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- FlYM
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
gonzaxpain wrote: In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.
Yes, yes, me too. I use a tablet but a mouse left click is equivalent as a touch in a tablet so...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.