- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
- gonzaxpain
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 11 months ago #1881
by gonzaxpain
Yes, that's true, I hadn't thought of that.
The perfect implementation in my opinion would be that when you tap/left click on the screen it would go to the next page (ONLY if you're at the bottom of that page/image) and advance within the same page if you're not. Those using the Cover app will know what I mean.
In portrait mode it is perfect if it goes to the next page but in landscape mode it shouldn't go unless you're already at the bottom, it makes a lot of difference which mode you're at.
Replied by gonzaxpain on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
FlYM wrote:
gonzaxpain wrote: In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.
Yes, yes, me too. I use a tablet but a mouse left click is equivalent as a touch in a tablet so...
Yes, that's true, I hadn't thought of that.
The perfect implementation in my opinion would be that when you tap/left click on the screen it would go to the next page (ONLY if you're at the bottom of that page/image) and advance within the same page if you're not. Those using the Cover app will know what I mean.
In portrait mode it is perfect if it goes to the next page but in landscape mode it shouldn't go unless you're already at the bottom, it makes a lot of difference which mode you're at.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 11 months ago #1882
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
From my point of view an optional clickable area that triggers forward/backward navigation would be a good approach as it wouldn't interfere much with the current user interface. Rewiring the mouse behaviour is a bit too drastic and narrowminded for my taste, we're still talking about a Desktop application here. What we're looking for is something simple and effective that has minimal impact on the way non-touch-users are currently using YACReader. Also, "works both with mouse and touch" would be a big bonus since I don't have any touch enabled hardware to run tests on 
Also, deciding what to implement is sometimes harder than the actual implementation, so please keep discussing usage scenarios, the info is very usefull for us.
Also, deciding what to implement is sometimes harder than the actual implementation, so please keep discussing usage scenarios, the info is very usefull for us.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- niangpao
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #4604
by niangpao
Replied by niangpao on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
ipad pro , surface pro or samsung galaxy is good , just super expensive. The Huawei tablets seem to do fairly well.
I have the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Pen display monitor for making comics , and I totally prefer drawing directly on a screen. it support pen pressure and pen tilt function , it's amazing and I’ve had a good experience with it .
I have the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Pen display monitor for making comics , and I totally prefer drawing directly on a screen. it support pen pressure and pen tilt function , it's amazing and I’ve had a good experience with it .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel