Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10

  • bzodonnell
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #1848 by bzodonnell
Hello!

I have an Asus Transformerbook T200TA running Windows 10. I recently installed YACReader and YACReaderLibrary, and really like the interface and appearance. However, I would like to set it up so that, in addition to being able to go from page to page by pressing keys on the keyboard, that I will be able to swipe or tap on the screen to advance the page. It doesn't need to be perfect - just good enough so that when I detach the tablet from the keyboard, I can orient the device vertically and still go from page to page.

I tried going into the Settings menu in YACReaderLibrary, but could not find anything corresponding to a click or touch. Preferably, I'd love to be able to go forward or back by pressing the screen.

Is this possible in the current version of YACReader?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1849 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
Hi, welcome to the forum.

By now there is no touch support. I want to add a touch front end to YACReader for Windows, but I am not sure when I am going to have time for it.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: bzodonnell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bzodonnell
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #1854 by bzodonnell
Replied by bzodonnell on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
Cool! Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to the feature when it's implemented.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1858 by gonzaxpain
Replied by gonzaxpain on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
Well, I was actually going to start a topic like this requesting this feature but somebody already did.
I like to read comics on my Surface pro and nothing can beat YAC Reader when it comes to presentation and interface so having touch support would be awesome. I still use YAC whenever I want to take a look at my library or choose a new comic to read but it is a shame I can't go and read them with it too.
Así que Luis, cuando tengas tiempo, sería genial!
Thanks a lot anyway for your software, I love it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1859 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
gonzaxpain, wellcome to the forum.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1875 by FlYM
Hi Luis Angel, thanks for your work.

I also registered to ask if this were possible. Only with a mouse click would be enough.

Thanks again (gracias!!!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1876 by selmf
Well, a simple mouse click would be easier to implement than touch gestures. Could you explain how you'd imagine this feature a little more detailed? Because right now, mouse clicks are used to move the pages in the window …

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1877 by FlYM

selmf wrote: Well, a simple mouse click would be easier to implement than touch gestures. Could you explain how you'd imagine this feature a little more detailed? Because right now, mouse clicks are used to move the pages in the window …


Would it be easier to implement that if you were in full-screen and :

- You clicked in a specific corner (top-left and top-right, for instance) you went forwards and backwards? The rest of the screen can still be used to move the page.

Or

- Measuring the time of the click. One short click means go forward, three short clicks means go backward.

The one that would be faster to program!

Well just my two cents :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1878 by gonzaxpain
Replied by gonzaxpain on topic YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10
In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1879 by FlYM

gonzaxpain wrote: In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.


Yes, yes, me too. I use a tablet but a mouse left click is equivalent as a touch in a tablet so...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!