Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 10 months ago #4017

mmalone27

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis. I too am having issues receiving a TestFlight invitation for iOS beta 3.0. I will email my iTunes ID email address. Thank you in advance and for all the work on such a great app.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 10 months ago #4018

numanmania

Junior Boarder

Hi Luis;

Only Two Days remaining for The actual beta on iOS Thats works really very well!!!
Any refresh???

Thx

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 10 months ago #4019

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I sent yesterday the first Release Candidate, didn't you get the notification?. So if no body reports a blocking bug that is going to be the final binary in the store.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 10 months ago #4020

numanmania

Junior Boarder

No, the TestFlight only says “two days to expire”

And for me, no bugs (Mac version)

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 10 months ago #4021

Luis Ángel

Administrator

There are several people already testing the build 3.0.0.3.

What version and build numbers is showing Testflight to you?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 9 months ago #4025

ThatGuy

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis,

Some observations on my end. Not sure if any of these have been spoke of yet. I am using an iPhone 7 with ios 11:

Before I begin let me just explain how I have my folders setup. I import directly from Dropbox. I have my landing folder separated by Publisher, for instance DC, Marvel, etc. Within each publisher Folder I have Series Folders, and within those the actual issues as numbered.

CONTINUE READING BANNER
- Once I enter my landing folder I see my publisher folders listed. In my landing folder the Continue Reading Banner is at the top. Having the Continue Reading banner for this landing folder is not useful IMO.Or at the least, have a way to choose to disable it by default.

- When I enter my Publisher Folders (Landing Folder->DC Folder), the Series Folders are visible. There is no Continue Reading Banner in the Publisher Folder for any of the Publishers. THIS IS A GOOD THING

- When I enter a Series Folder (Landing Folder-> DC Folder-> Superman Folder) the individual issues are visible. The Continue Reading Banner is at the top. It displays one item to continue reading. THIS IS A GOOD THING
But the issue that is displayed here seems glitchy. If I have Superman 1 and Superman 2 in the folder and have read none, then it displays Superman 1. If I have read Superman 1 it displays Superman 2 and so on. If however, I have read Superman 1, but then later mark it as unread, the continue reading banner doesn't acknowledge it as being unread, and still displays Superman 2 as the continue reading selection.

Is there a way to select which folders have the Continue Reading Banner at the top? For me it would only make sense to have this available within any given Series Folder, not their parent folders. Otherwise it makes everything cluttered and less aesthetically appealing.

FULL COVER VIEW
- You can still faintly see some of the outline of the comic box icon layered with the cover image

- Some items download and are displayed with a low resolution image in the Full Cover view. The file is high res so that's not the issue. It appears to be random titles that, when downloaded, are displayed low res in the cover view thumbnail. When you open the actual issue it's the normal high res issue displayed.

Hopefully some of these observations/points can be of use. Thanks

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 9 months ago #4026

Luis Ángel

Administrator

ThatGuy wrote:
Hi Luis,
But the issue that is displayed here seems glitchy. If I have Superman 1 and Superman 2 in the folder and have read none, then it displays Superman 1. If I have read Superman 1 it displays Superman 2 and so on. If however, I have read Superman 1, but then later mark it as unread, the continue reading banner doesn't acknowledge it as being unread, and still displays Superman 2 as the continue reading selection.

Settings comics as read/unread has been left out for 3.0, it will be there in 3.1. There are technical reasons for this, sorry.
ThatGuy wrote:
Is there a way to select which folders have the Continue Reading Banner at the top? For me it would only make sense to have this available within any given Series Folder, not their parent folders. Otherwise it makes everything cluttered and less aesthetically appealing.

What are the scenarios where you see the banner? The banner is always shown when there are comics in a folder.

ThatGuy wrote:
- You can still faintly see some of the outline of the comic box icon layered with the cover image

Can I see a screenshot?
ThatGuy wrote:
- Some items download and are displayed with a low resolution image in the Full Cover view. The file is high res so that's not the issue. It appears to be random titles that, when downloaded, are displayed low res in the cover view thumbnail. When you open the actual issue it's the normal high res issue displayed.

Is this happening with new issues? The new version is using different resolution for covers, but it doesn't re-create the covers for existing comics.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it is really appreciated.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 9 months ago #4027

ThatGuy

Fresh Boarder

What are the scenarios where you see the banner? The banner is always shown when there are comics in a folder.
This is the banner on the landing folder. This is not useful IMO.

This is the Publisher folder with no Continue Reading Banner. You can also see the faint outline of the comic box superimposed on the cover in this screenshot.

Is this happening with new issues? The new version is using different resolution for covers, but it doesn't re-create the covers for existing comics.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it is really appreciated.

Here's two examples from different series, of different time periods. Both files are high res and when opened are perfectly crisp and clear. In the first of the next two screenshots, the Superman (1986-) is blurry. In the second screenshot, the last item in The Immortal Men folder is blurry.

Here is an example of how the continue reading banner selects the wrong book- if I had read through issue 1, but then later on went back and have the issue marked as never getting past page 1 of issue 1 (therefore it should be what I need to read next in the folder), the banner still suggests continuing at issue 2. The only way to fix this is to delete issue 1 and then redownload issue 1, then the banner correctly suggest "continue reading" issue 1.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further screenshots for clarity. Thanks

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 9 months ago #4030

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Ok.

1) The banner in the root folder shows the series you are currently reading. That's usefully because you don't need to browse any folders for continuing your readings. The banner will show comics from any folders in your library if they are being read.

2) That's by design, with the new grid design there is no way to distinguish a comic form a folder in "full cover" mode. Honestly, having 3 different setting for how folders look in grid mode is something that I regret, so I am not changing this. I always use "overlayed cover" mode.

3) I haven't seen this. Is this a fresh install of YACReader 3.0?

4) As I told you before there is no way to set the comic a totally unread yet, this will be added in YACReader 3.1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGuy

YACReader 9.5.0 + YACReader 3.0 for iOS 5 years 9 months ago #4032

ThatGuy

Fresh Boarder

Thanks Luis,

Yes my install says Version 3.0.0 (3.0.0.3) expires in 82 days.

Hope you didn't take any of my comments as complaining, just trying to help development in any way I can. Thanks for letting me try it.