- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7.0.0 Beta available
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
the new version of YACReader, 7.0.0 is now available for testing. The current release is the first beta, and you can download it for Windows and MacOSX (64bit). Linux version and MacOSX 32bit are coming soon.
This is an opportunity for testing all the new features, report bugs and translate the new version to your language.
Changelog:
- Faster file opening in YACReader
- Opening by last read page
- Added comic ratings and current page to YACReaderLibray
- Bookmarks and image settings are now stored in YACReaderLibrary (if you are opening the comics from it, YACReader<->YACReaderLibrary integration)
- Dropping images on YACReader will open the containing folder as a comic by the dropped file
- Added Comic Vine scraper
- Settings are now stored in user's data folder
- Added log to YACReaderLibrary for bug reporting
- Some UI updates
- Bug fixes
Reporting bugs:
- Reply to this topics with a detailed description of the bug
- Send by email a compressed file containing the following folder: 'C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader' in Windows or '/Users/yourusername/Library/Application\ Support/YACReader' in MacOSX
Discusion:
- Use this topic for anything other than bugs
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bichin
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
I have found a bug in the windows version. Sometimes, when a comic has tags downloaded from comic Vine, the current page doesn't update.
I only have this issue in four comics of the same serie (of six comics)... it's quite weird...
I have tried to reproduce the bug but without success. I will continue testing and if I can get the bug again, I'll let you know.
I love Comic Vine scraper!!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Thanks for your help
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Real
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
I've just tested the new version, and it's pretty awesome !!!
The ComicVine Scraper is THE feature that I really wanted in YACReader^^
It seems to work pretty well, even with entire series.
The only little problem I had was with DC's Vilain Month.
The issues numbers are 23.1, 23.2, etc... and YAC recognize it as 0.
(Not really a big problem, I just renamed it 23bis)
I just have a question, is there a way to import data scraped with the ComicVine Scraper from Comicrack in YACR ?
Well, you really are doing a great job with YACReader, it's really awesome. Thanks !
(And I hope you'll make an android version someday :whistle: )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
thank you very much for testing the beta.
I will check the problem with the issues numbers.
How do you have stored the info from Comicrack, is embedded in the comic?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- OkiiInu
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Real
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Luis Ángel wrote: Hi Real,
thank you very much for testing the beta.
I will check the problem with the issues numbers.
How do you have stored the info from Comicrack, is embedded in the comic?
All the info from comicrack are stored in one xml file named comicDb.xml, not in the comic.
I guess it's the same for YACReader cause there's no .xml in the comics I've scraped with YAC's Comicvine.
But I don't now where is the file^^
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
I will think about add this feature for future versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Real
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
I've already scraped half my library and except for the Vilain Month little problem, everything seems to work fine.
This Comic Vine Scraper is a really cool feature !!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Nalojolan
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
I have tested windows beta and managed to read only one comic then it crashed.
Now, it's impossible to open either the library or the reader (crash).
I uninstalled, restart then reinstalled. Same thing : one comic then... down.
If I use again 6.5.3 version : no problem. All comics are ok !
My os is windows 7 (64).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.