- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7.0.0 Beta available
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Please, send me this folder by e-mail "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader"
Thanks for your help
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Nalojolan wrote: Really strange...
I have tested windows beta and managed to read only one comic then it crashed.
Now, it's impossible to open either the library or the reader (crash).
I uninstalled, restart then reinstalled. Same thing : one comic then... down.
If I use again 6.5.3 version : no problem. All comics are ok !
My os is windows 7 (64).
I didn't found anything wrong in the logs or config files. Is there any error message when the crash occurs?
Please, delete the folder "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader", uninstall the beta (check that the installation folder is completely removed) and install it again.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Nalojolan
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
- When the reader is used for the first time, it creates the file YACReader.ini in "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReader"
ANY comic can be read.
But if you close the soft and try to open it again. Crash (the error message is just "the soft has stopped working...")
I had to delete YACReader.ini to be able to reopen YACreader.
Hope it will help.
PS 1: contrary to what I wrote earlier, Library works all the time.
PS 2: don't know if it's important but I use DEXPOT software for windows (two desktops on the same session).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Is there any easy/fast way for disabling DEXPOT in order to check if YACReader works properly if it isn't launched?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Nalojolan
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
I changed it to USE_OPEN_GL=0, everything worked fine !
THEN
I installed YAC on another computer (windows 7-64bit, no dexpot software).
The soft didn't crash as on my laptop BUT the flow didn't work (black windows).
I had to change the line to USE_OPEN_GL=0 and then... all was good !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
In any case, the hardware accelerated flow should work without issues. I have tested it in an old intel atom. What graphic card do you have? Try installing the latest drivers for it. Are you using the hardware accelerated flow in 6.5.3?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Nalojolan
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Qulox
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 8
Other is than when you delete or move a folder or file from the library the cover stays in the .yacreader folder even if you update it. In my main library folder I got like 2000 comic files but in the .yacreader folder there is like 4500 and I recognize some that I have deleted before. I tried to force refresh them by deleting the cover files and updating but only grey cover appeared. The only solution I found is to delete the whole .yacreader folder and rebuilding the library, losing all the bookmarks and other data.
Also sometimes covers appear grey and don't change even if I use the edit button or update lybrary.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Qulox wrote: Also sometimes covers appear grey and don't change even if I use the edit button or update lybrary.
I need more information about this bug. Could you send me this folder "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader" please? After creating a library, if some covers could not be extracted, I should see something in the logs.
Thank you for your help, I will work in these bugs.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Qulox
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 8
folder
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.