Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader beta 8.0

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1051

Zeljko

Fresh Boarder

Testing last couple of days and works fine most of the time. But sometimes, when quickly changing pages with mouse wheel, YACReader crashes. Usually happens when reaching end of comic (first or last page) and trying to load another cbr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1052

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

@selmf: I have updated the code for confining the ugly patch for the bug in windows.

@Qulox: I didn't have time for fixing this issue. But I have a question, Why are you using the old "flow"? Are you having issues using the hardware accelerated modern version?

@Zeljko: I can confirm this issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeljko

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1053

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Thank's Luis, works nicely B)

I made some tests regarding the issues Qulox and Zeljko are having.

Qulox's issue:

I'm using the hardware accelerated version and I'm having a bug that could be related. Grid view just plainly doesn't work for me, I get a blank page without covers. No crashing though, I can switch back to the usual flow view which works.

Zeljko's issue:

I wasn't able to reproduce this reliably but I can confirm it exists. On my system, pressing the left or right button and keeping it pressed produced some interesting results. YACReader somehow get's stuck in the first page/last page state and just marches over the whole comic folder as long as I keep the button pressed. Sometimes it crashes during this process.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1054

Qulox

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 8

I had not noticed that hardware acceleration was disabled, probably because I always had it activated since it was supported in the library so I sort of assumed it was enabled by default.

Now that I activated it works as supposed to, but it hangs every time if I try to change view mode with HW acceleration disabled.

Thank you for the support.

EDIT: btw I just discovered that you can't minimize to desktop while in fullscreen on YACReader.exe in Win8.1 by pressing WinKey + D. The taskbar shows but you can't select nothing. (I almost died while discovering it :s )

Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Qulox.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1055

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@selfm: the grid view needs QtQuick and QtQuick2 modules, do you have these modules installed in your system?

@Qulox: I think that the the issue is also causing that YACReaderLibrary doesn't really ends after closing the application. My guess is that there is a thread that keeps working and preventing the SW flow to be closed. EDIT: My guess was correct, I already fixed this issue.

I am not wrong, the Win+D thing is related to the patch for the fullscreen bug that is used in Windows. This is going to cause me some headaches.

Thank you for your help guys!
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.

t 9 years 2 months ago #1056

selmf

Developer

Yeah, you're right Luis, it was a missing module. The "qt5-quickcontrols" package solved the problem. Never used the grid view before, so this dependency bug is probably in every Linux package I did. Ugh!

Luis, if the workaround is giving that much trouble it might be wiser to keep the old cover flow code as an compilation time option. This would also help me with providing packages for some of the older versions of Debian which don't have Qt 5.4 yet.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1060

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@selfm: I really don't want to drop OpenGL for the next release, but yes, some compilation flags are needed: NoOpenGL, HeadlessMode, even all the PDF related code and the compressed files management. That would make the code more portable, I mean, being able to choose between different PDF libraries (poppler, mupdf, ...) or extractors (7zip, unarr, libarchive, etc.)

Version after version the complexity of the project is increasing quickly, it could be nice to have more people involved. Where are all the open source lovers? :(

BTW, I need some feedback from the MacOSX users, specially how YACReader looks with the new retina display support enabled. Please, if you find any blurriness in images/icons tell me, any screenshots will be helpful (by email).

I have adjusted the touch pad sensibility, what do you thing about it?
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1063

selmf

Developer

I'm not saying: drop OpenGL. I'm saying: Let the legacy OpenGl be an option als long as we have a problem with the migration to the Qt 5.4 version. This behaviour could be triggered by Q_OS and Qt version macros. Anything below 5.4 gets the legacy QGLWidget code, same goes for Windows and Qt 5.4. We won't see a fix till Qt 5.4.1 or later anyways and it will take some time till QGLWidget is scrapped.

NoOpenGl, mupdf and an alternative to 7zip are things I'd really like to see.
Headless would be better off as a seperate application that has no dependencies to any gui related stuff, so it can run almost anywhere.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1064

Luis Ángel

Administrator

selmf wrote:
I'm not saying: drop OpenGL. I'm saying: Let the legacy OpenGl be an option als long as we have a problem with the migration to the Qt 5.4 version. This behaviour could be triggered by Q_OS and Qt version macros. Anything below 5.4 gets the legacy QGLWidget code, same goes for Windows and Qt 5.4. We won't see a fix till Qt 5.4.1 or later anyways and it will take some time till QGLWidget is scrapped.

Sorry, I didn't understand you. You are right. I have to check what other dependencies of Qt 5.4 are there in the current development version.

YACReader beta 8.0 9 years 2 months ago #1101

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

Mac OSX user here.. I am having an issue with Fulscreen mode in the 8.0 beta..

whenever I double click on a comic in Yac Library, it opens the comic in fullscreen mode but then, for some weird reason, quickly goes back to the library.. I have to initiate Mission control in order to go back to the YAC reader Fullscreen view..

sometimes, going to the Yac reader manually (using 3 finger swipe to move between fullscreen Mac apps), it jumps straight back to Yac Library.

On the older Yac Version, I did not have this issue... I would double click comic in Library and it would open full screen and stayed in that view without going back to library..

Hope this can help iron out some bugs before launch.