- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
YACReader beta 8.0
- Zeljko
- Offline
- New Member
-
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
@Qulox: I didn't have time for fixing this issue. But I have a question, Why are you using the old "flow"? Are you having issues using the hardware accelerated modern version?
@Zeljko: I can confirm this issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
I made some tests regarding the issues Qulox and Zeljko are having.
Qulox's issue:
I'm using the hardware accelerated version and I'm having a bug that could be related. Grid view just plainly doesn't work for me, I get a blank page without covers. No crashing though, I can switch back to the usual flow view which works.
Zeljko's issue:
I wasn't able to reproduce this reliably but I can confirm it exists. On my system, pressing the left or right button and keeping it pressed produced some interesting results. YACReader somehow get's stuck in the first page/last page state and just marches over the whole comic folder as long as I keep the button pressed. Sometimes it crashes during this process.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Qulox
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 8
Now that I activated it works as supposed to, but it hangs every time if I try to change view mode with HW acceleration disabled.
Thank you for the support.
EDIT: btw I just discovered that you can't minimize to desktop while in fullscreen on YACReader.exe in Win8.1 by pressing WinKey + D. The taskbar shows but you can't select nothing. (I almost died while discovering it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
@Qulox: I think that the the issue is also causing that YACReaderLibrary doesn't really ends after closing the application. My guess is that there is a thread that keeps working and preventing the SW flow to be closed. EDIT: My guess was correct, I already fixed this issue.
I am not wrong, the Win+D thing is related to the patch for the fullscreen bug that is used in Windows. This is going to cause me some headaches.
Thank you for your help guys!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
Luis, if the workaround is giving that much trouble it might be wiser to keep the old cover flow code as an compilation time option. This would also help me with providing packages for some of the older versions of Debian which don't have Qt 5.4 yet.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Version after version the complexity of the project is increasing quickly, it could be nice to have more people involved. Where are all the open source lovers?
BTW, I need some feedback from the MacOSX users, specially how YACReader looks with the new retina display support enabled. Please, if you find any blurriness in images/icons tell me, any screenshots will be helpful (by email).
I have adjusted the touch pad sensibility, what do you thing about it?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
NoOpenGl, mupdf and an alternative to 7zip are things I'd really like to see.
Headless would be better off as a seperate application that has no dependencies to any gui related stuff, so it can run almost anywhere.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
selmf wrote: I'm not saying: drop OpenGL. I'm saying: Let the legacy OpenGl be an option als long as we have a problem with the migration to the Qt 5.4 version. This behaviour could be triggered by Q_OS and Qt version macros. Anything below 5.4 gets the legacy QGLWidget code, same goes for Windows and Qt 5.4. We won't see a fix till Qt 5.4.1 or later anyways and it will take some time till QGLWidget is scrapped.
Sorry, I didn't understand you. You are right. I have to check what other dependencies of Qt 5.4 are there in the current development version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- skrimaging
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 4
whenever I double click on a comic in Yac Library, it opens the comic in fullscreen mode but then, for some weird reason, quickly goes back to the library.. I have to initiate Mission control in order to go back to the YAC reader Fullscreen view..
sometimes, going to the Yac reader manually (using 3 finger swipe to move between fullscreen Mac apps), it jumps straight back to Yac Library.
On the older Yac Version, I did not have this issue... I would double click comic in Library and it would open full screen and stayed in that view without going back to library..
Hope this can help iron out some bugs before launch.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.