Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader beta 8.0

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1552

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Luis Ángel wrote:
In a future, a new field should be required for adding extra sorting capabilities to YACReaderLibray.

Yes, the sorting algorithm is due for some refactoring :cheer: KDE also recently replaced it with a Qt provided implementation. If we go for the same road, we probably could greatly simplify sorting and cover more cases, but this could come at the cost of flexibility. It's probably something we should leave for version 8.x ;)

We also would need a test list with as many strange filenames as possible for testing O:)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1555

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

selmf wrote:
Luis Ángel wrote:
In a future, a new field should be required for adding extra sorting capabilities to YACReaderLibray.

Yes, the sorting algorithm is due for some refactoring :cheer: KDE also recently replaced it with a Qt provided implementation. If we go for the same road, we probably could greatly simplify sorting and cover more cases, but this could come at the cost of flexibility. It's probably something we should leave for version 8.x ;)

We also would need a test list with as many strange filenames as possible for testing O:)

I was talking about issue numbers sorting (10 10.1 10.2). If issue numbers are present, YACReaderLibrary use them for sorting the comics....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1564

Xukkorz

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

So I just realized something. When in dual page mode if the last page is not the one you end on it does not mark the comic as complete.

ex: Comic is 20 normal sized pages, if you use the arrows to navigate to the end and then to the next in line it will not mark that comic as read, it states you are on page 19 and not 20, in the library.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1565

selmf

Developer

Hi Xukkorz,

that bug is something I overlooked when reworking the double page mode to make it fit for spread page suppression and manga reading order. It shouldn't be too hard to fix it, but right now it wouldn't be the right thing to do. The beta is finally in a state where we're slowly approaching the release day and any modification carries the risk of introducing new bugs. I'll probably include a fix for this problem into the next release after 8.0, maybe with some more improvements to the double page mode.

Regards,

selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1570

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi, the big release is almost here. Yesterday the 2.0 iOS app got approved for release, so I am preparing everything for releasing 2.0 + 8.0

Please, could you test the final packages? The windows versions should work in Windows XP. You can find them here: bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/downloads

The final release will be tomorrow, it was planned for today but I am kind of busy these days.

EDIT: Just a reminder, in windows the ANGLE version is for those having issues with their graphics cards. Install your latest graphics cards drivers and try the OpenGL version, if you have problems with it, then use the ANGLE version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, donncha

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 9 months ago #1572

selmf

Developer

I have updated the Linux packages for Archlinux and Debian based distroes. Have fun :)