- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
YACReader beta 8.0
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1018
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
YACReader beta 8.0 was created by Luis Ángel
Hi people,
the first beta for the next major release is ready for testing. The integration with iOS will not be ready until YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta will be released. Please, use the following links to download it.
For using the beta, put the YACReader-beta-8.0 folder in your desktop (windows) or the YACReader.app and YACReaderLibrary.app in a temporal folder (macosx). Warning, this version will ask you to update your libraries to 8.0 and you won't be able to load them in previous versions. Create a testing library if you don't want to do this.
UPDATE: Release candidate released. For those having issues with OpenGL in Windows there is a new version for them (ANGLE). The OpenGL version is still the recomended one. Windows XP support will be enabled in the final release.
DOWNLOADS
Complete list of new features:
Let me know if you find any issues!
the first beta for the next major release is ready for testing. The integration with iOS will not be ready until YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta will be released. Please, use the following links to download it.
For using the beta, put the YACReader-beta-8.0 folder in your desktop (windows) or the YACReader.app and YACReaderLibrary.app in a temporal folder (macosx). Warning, this version will ask you to update your libraries to 8.0 and you won't be able to load them in previous versions. Create a testing library if you don't want to do this.
UPDATE: Release candidate released. For those having issues with OpenGL in Windows there is a new version for them (ANGLE). The OpenGL version is still the recomended one. Windows XP support will be enabled in the final release.
DOWNLOADS
- Windows (updated: RC OpenGL)
- Windows (updated: RC ANGLE - for those with issues using OpenGL)
- MacOSX (updated: RC)
- Arch Linux PKGBUILD : extract and run makepkg for building a package. Use makepkg -f for updating the beta to the latest version. The package will be built from the source code in the 8.0.0 branch release (bitbucket repository).
Complete list of new features:
- Reading lists
- Tags
- 'Favorites' and 'being read' lists
- New search engine, now you can filter folders and comics
- New grid view
- Add and delete folders
- Update a single folder (no need for updating the whole library to rescan a single folder)
- Drag and drop for adding new comics and folders
- Customizable shorcuts
- Manga mode (thank you Felix)
- Spread page detection for double page mode (including manga mode)(thank you again Felix
) - New view for folders not containing comics (only subfolders)
- Save selected covers to disk
- Comics in Reading Lists and Tags can be sorted by drag&drop
- Sublist in Reading Lists can by sorted by drag&drop
- Added WebP image format support
- The user has to provide its own Comic Vine API key to prevent usage limit errors from Comic Vine
Let me know if you find any issues!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, Chocwise, donncha
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chocwise
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #1023
by Chocwise
Replied by Chocwise on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Well... I have to delete my suggestions again. It seems they've all been covered with this beta version.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 8 months ago #1032
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Glad to hear this 
Please let me know if you find any bugs.
Please let me know if you find any bugs.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chocwise
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #1034
by Chocwise
Replied by Chocwise on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Sorry Luis, I can't test the beta. I'm using Ubuntu/Linux exclusively. I don't have a Windows installation nor do I have a Mac.
I don't know how to properly pull the 8.0 beta source from Bitbucket. Also I don't even know if I can do anything with the source if I got it. Don't know if it needs Linux specific modification before compiling.
I just have very basic knowledge of compiling and such.
I don't know how to properly pull the 8.0 beta source from Bitbucket. Also I don't even know if I can do anything with the source if I got it. Don't know if it needs Linux specific modification before compiling.
I just have very basic knowledge of compiling and such.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1036
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Luis, the typeinfo bug I reported in prealpha is still present. YACReaderLibrary will not build with a current gcc without adding "#include <typeinfo>" in db/reading_list_model.[cpp|h].
@Chocwise: Ubuntu/Debian Packages of YACReader, beta or final release, won't be ready soon. YACReader 8.0 needs at least Qt 5.4 to run. Alas, this is still in the process of being packaged for Debian and Ubuntu and it will take some time till this makes it's way into the more stable flavors of these distros.
I can, however, provide a PKGBUILD for users of Archlinux and its derivates who want to try the beta version as soon as Luis commits the fix for the typeinfo bug.
@Chocwise: Ubuntu/Debian Packages of YACReader, beta or final release, won't be ready soon. YACReader 8.0 needs at least Qt 5.4 to run. Alas, this is still in the process of being packaged for Debian and Ubuntu and it will take some time till this makes it's way into the more stable flavors of these distros.
I can, however, provide a PKGBUILD for users of Archlinux and its derivates who want to try the beta version as soon as Luis commits the fix for the typeinfo bug.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by selmf. Reason: typo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1037
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
@selmf: I'll fix it today.
EDIT: done.
EDIT: done.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 8 months ago #1041
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
There seems to be a problem with the full screen mode in YACReader. It keeps crashing/freezing (not segfaulting!) on me whenever I toggle it.
No idea what exactly is going wrong. I'll need to do some more test with a debugger.
No idea what exactly is going wrong. I'll need to do some more test with a debugger.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 8 months ago #1042
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
I have used a workaround for
QTBUG-41883
, maybe is related to this crash....
Look for QTBUG-41883 in the source code.
Look for QTBUG-41883 in the source code.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 7 months ago #1044
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Looks like it is related. I've reverted the workaround commit using hg backout and now the freeze is gone. Still behaves a little weird, but works. I guess it would be best to wrap the workaround in Q_OS macros so it doesn't wreak havoc 
Would be good to know if fullscreen mode on mac is affected by this bug.
Would be good to know if fullscreen mode on mac is affected by this bug.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Qulox
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 8
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1046
by Qulox
Replied by Qulox on topic YACReader beta 8.0
EDIT2: It failed AGAIN. Same hanging error when changing viewing mode, then I re-deleted the AppData folder and the YACReader-beta-8.0 folder and now works but only the first time I open the Library. 
EDIT: I re-downloaded the beta and now it works. Somehow the files AND the zipped archives got corrupted I guess. Sometimes don't you just HATE computers?
First of all I want to say thanks for this beta.
Recently I've been getting constant hangs every time I want to change the viewing mode (grid to list or vice versa).
I don't know what's happening, because it was working until yesterday. For good measure I deleted the AppData folder of YACReader and used a freshly decompressed beta. I've also tried running as administrator and waited in case it just took a long time to do it to no avail.
I've also emailed you the newly generated AppData folder.
EDIT: I re-downloaded the beta and now it works. Somehow the files AND the zipped archives got corrupted I guess. Sometimes don't you just HATE computers?
First of all I want to say thanks for this beta.
Recently I've been getting constant hangs every time I want to change the viewing mode (grid to list or vice versa).
I don't know what's happening, because it was working until yesterday. For good measure I deleted the AppData folder of YACReader and used a freshly decompressed beta. I've also tried running as administrator and waited in case it just took a long time to do it to no avail.
I've also emailed you the newly generated AppData folder.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Qulox.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel