Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader beta 8.0

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1424

Qulox

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 8

Here they are, the current beta2 looks incomplete because I had to force close it . Also I changed the API key to share publicly.

:oops: Attachments doesn't work, posted them later in the thread.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Qulox.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1425

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I have tested YACReader 8.0 beta2 in 4 different Windows machines without issues, today I am going to try more PCs..... :huh:
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1431

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

To all users having problems with the 2. beta - please provide better information! In order to fix your problems, we need to be able to reproduce them. So please provide at least this info with your bug reports:

- Operating system flavor (Win, OS X, Linux) and version!
- If OS X, add info if you're using a retina display or not
- If your problem is connected to coverflow or gridview, add information about your graphics card (vendor, driver version, available OpenGL version if possible, onboard or dedicated)
- Is the problem in the reader application or the library application?
- Reproducibility. Are you able to trigger the bug you've encountered every time or does it only happen sporadic or did you just experience this problem once? If it's somewhat reproducable, please add steps on how to reproduce it.

I'm sorry if this post sounds a bit harsh, but the amount of bug reports where I have to guess a huge part of these informations or have to check five different posts in five different parts of the forum to get the info I need has gotten too large for my tastes. A bug report that just says "the application crashed" does not help us in the least. However, if you can give us information on *how* to crash the application, we'll probably be able to fix the problem.

P.S: Even if you didn't have any problems, a quick report on which functions you successfully tested is also very useful for us and encourages us in the long term :cheer:
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1432

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The "harshness" of the selmf reply is probably because he has a little bit less experience receiving "it crashed" bug reports. I am way more patient after years of talking with the users :)

But....he is right. The more information the better, sometimes replicating a bug takes hours of work, so any help is really welcome.

BTW, thank you for the testing pals!
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1433

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Let me guess - for every "it crashes" bug report, you delete a feature request? :cheer:
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1434

Qulox

Senior Boarder

I noticed that if I delete the AppData Yacreader folder, deleting YACReaderLibrary.ini (I wanted to star anew for this new beta) I can't open or create a new library, it hangs on the loading screen and just can be force closed. If I use the previous beta AppData folder there is no problem.

Also, if I change to list view there is just a black space in the details list, this happened suddenly in the last beta and didn't change with the update.

EDIT: I fixed the blank list by deleting the full [libraryConfig] section on YACReaderLibrary.ini and recreating the file again using the beta1, now it shows on beta2 (beta2 seems unable to recreate it, it just hangs). :)

Now here they are: YACReaderLibrary.rar

More info:
- Win8.1 64bits, latest patches. WinDefender Antivirus. Fully updated (including ALL sofware).
- AMD GPU R270 w/ latest drivers.
- i7 4770k.
- Reader works fine.
- HW acceleration enabled.
- YacReaderbeta2 library's error reproducible every time if I open it after having deleted AppData folder.
- Tried executing as administrator, same results.

It's that enough? (This bug reporting thing is kinda new to me so...) :ok:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1435

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Qulox wrote:
It's that enough?

Another important thing is, where are your libraries stored?: Internal hard drive, external, network folder, a NAS, etc.

Log are also very important, not only .ini files.

I have to create a template for bugs reporting, it should be easy for everybody.

BTW, good news! I was able to reproduce the issue. It is very weird, I only can do it in a single computer and it seems that it is has nothing to do with the hardware.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1436

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@Qulox, please replace YACReaderLibrary.exe with this: www.dropbox.com/s/hoi7tfx7osgzo85/YACReaderLibrary.zip?dl=0 and let me know if you can run YACReaderLibrary again.

@Robson, text corruption in the QML view has something to do with your graphic card, it seems that old intel graphics cards are affected. I am not sure yet if I can do something or not.

I still need the server_log.log file to see why your covers aren't loading when you are using a network folder.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1437

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

I'm sorry, @Luis! I just sent it to you.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by robson.sobral. Reason: posted on the wrong thread

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1438

Qulox

Senior Boarder

Windows install is on a 120GB SDD, Libraries are on a 2TB HDD partition.

1. OK, deleted Appdata folder and opened library beta 2 and created new library. It hangs, force closed it. Packing generated Appdata folder.

2. Now I tried the new Library.exe, it opens with no problem the library I just created with beta2 (beta2 wasn't able to opening it after it force closed). Saved folder.

3. Deleted again AppData folders and created new library with new Library.exe; no problems, it makes new one and opens with no issues. Also saved folder. :)

New executable also works very well with my currents libraries. :cheer:

All new data: YACReaderLibrary_new data.