- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
YACReader 8.5.0
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
10 years 7 months ago #2152
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 8.5.0
@Eurofag, I have tested the dmg in two different machines.
Did you try opening the apps from the dmg (without copying them)? Are you overriding the previous version apps with these? weird
Did you try opening the apps from the dmg (without copying them)? Are you overriding the previous version apps with these? weird
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Eurofag
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 7 months ago #2153
by Eurofag
Replied by Eurofag on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Tried opening from dmg, same error. I switched to guest user to see if it's my account, same error. Will try an other mac a bit later to see if it persist.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Eurofag
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2154
by Eurofag
Replied by Eurofag on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Same issue on my other mac. Also, I asked a few others to have a look for me. Got one response so far, he also had the same error. I have no idea what's causing this but if I can help somehow (logs, etc), please let me know.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Eurofag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 7 months ago #2155
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Thank you for the feedback Eurofag, I have no idea about what is going on...I will try to figure it out.
It is really useful to have you for testing this, so thanks!
It is really useful to have you for testing this, so thanks!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 7 months ago #2156
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 8.5.0
@Eurofag, could you try the dmg again? I have updated the file with a new version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Eurofag
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 3
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2157
by Eurofag
Replied by Eurofag on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Tried it and I'm getting the same error. RC3 was okay so it may be related to the code signing?
Version 8.0 also runs fine.
I don't have too much experience with OSX coding but does code signing have any sort of expiration (or does it carry a date/version info)? Because then it MAY be related to locale and different date/numeric standard associated. That would explain while it works for you on 2 macs (likely on same locale) while it doesn't work for me on either macs and also not for my friend.
These things should be universal but can always go haywire.
Also, it's you who should be thanked for keeping on developing the app. Cheers!
Version 8.0 also runs fine.
I don't have too much experience with OSX coding but does code signing have any sort of expiration (or does it carry a date/version info)? Because then it MAY be related to locale and different date/numeric standard associated. That would explain while it works for you on 2 macs (likely on same locale) while it doesn't work for me on either macs and also not for my friend.
These things should be universal but can always go haywire.
Also, it's you who should be thanked for keeping on developing the app. Cheers!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Eurofag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kamui
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 7 months ago #2159
by kamui
Replied by kamui on topic YACReader 8.5.0
I get the same damaged dmg error. I'm running 10.11.4 Beta.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- seancoyne
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 7 months ago #2160
by seancoyne
Replied by seancoyne on topic YACReader 8.5.0
I'm also getting the damaged app error after copying them to my /Applications dir. OS X 10.11.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 7 months ago #2163
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Yeah, it is definetely related to the apps being signed...
So far I didn't solve the Windows 10 context menu integration (no sure what is wrong with the installer), and I can't get the apps properly signed for OSX
So far I didn't solve the Windows 10 context menu integration (no sure what is wrong with the installer), and I can't get the apps properly signed for OSX
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 6 months ago #2195
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 8.5.0
Updated the OSX dmg one more time.
I was able to reproduce the error message in a clean OSX instalation, and now I can run the apps just fine, having the security settings set to: "Allow apps downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers".
Let me know if everything goes fine now.
I was able to reproduce the error message in a clean OSX instalation, and now I can run the apps just fine, having the security settings set to: "Allow apps downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers".
Let me know if everything goes fine now.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eurofag
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel