- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Help and support for Linux users.
How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #9167
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
There is always a port, the default port for http is 80 and for https is 443, so you need to enter any of those depending on your setup.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 9 months ago #9171
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hallo Luis,
I have to disagree! There is not always a port.
2 examples:
A cloudflare tunnel is a subdomain (x.y.z) pointing to a local lan address via a cloudfare tunnel with a docker container on my synology nas.
A synology reverse proxy is a subdomain (yacreader.<synology id).synology.me pointing to a local lan address.
Both do not require a port!
Luckily the cloudfare tunnel removes any port added (it is smart, I would say), so it works.
The most simple solution for any synology nas user (or anybody using a reverse proxy) does not work, because of the required port specification...
htttp (80) or https (443) implicitly look for the required ports withoud any need for specifying the port.
A port needs to be specified on the local network OR if you open a specific port on e.g. your Synology NAS for yacreader (which I do not like)
For now I got the cloudfare tunnel method working. I would like however to use the native reverse proxty method from synology.
One remaining problem is that there is no added security for yacreader (a login screen). I mitigated this for the cloudfare tunnel by using an obscure subdomain name.
So for now I am a happy user, because I can access my comics from anywhere! Thanks you for making this possible!
I have to disagree! There is not always a port.
2 examples:
A cloudflare tunnel is a subdomain (x.y.z) pointing to a local lan address via a cloudfare tunnel with a docker container on my synology nas.
A synology reverse proxy is a subdomain (yacreader.<synology id).synology.me pointing to a local lan address.
Both do not require a port!
Luckily the cloudfare tunnel removes any port added (it is smart, I would say), so it works.
The most simple solution for any synology nas user (or anybody using a reverse proxy) does not work, because of the required port specification...
htttp (80) or https (443) implicitly look for the required ports withoud any need for specifying the port.
A port needs to be specified on the local network OR if you open a specific port on e.g. your Synology NAS for yacreader (which I do not like)
For now I got the cloudfare tunnel method working. I would like however to use the native reverse proxty method from synology.
One remaining problem is that there is no added security for yacreader (a login screen). I mitigated this for the cloudfare tunnel by using an obscure subdomain name.
So for now I am a happy user, because I can access my comics from anywhere! Thanks you for making this possible!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9172
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
When you use a domain without a port (80 or 443) is always going to be used, entering it in the connection form just makes things explicit.
And yeah, there is no security so far in the server I would like to use https with autentication in the future, it's been in my TODO list for years.
And yeah, there is no security so far in the server I would like to use https with autentication in the future, it's been in my TODO list for years.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 9 months ago #9173
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hallo Luis,
We agree about the security. Must be quite a job.
But no specifying a port is not always accepted like Cloudflare does (simply dropping any port number) E.g. my Synology reverse proxy does not accept any port number and does not function when this is specified. I think other proxies will work the same. Having a port number required is now limiting.
I looked into more detail into Cloudflare. It has a built-in access control mechanisms to authenticate allowed users. This however can not be used now... After opening the connection it popsup a login screen. This makes yacreader crash, it cant validate the server version...
Other applications have kind of a wait loop. Allow validation and then start there own business.
If you like I can setup a domain with this validation, so you can see be yourself what happens.
If you can somehow make this work, setting up a Cloudflare tunnel with authentication would be a secure method.
This is quite easy and secure.
Anyway.
Best wishes for 2025!
Groeten,
Ronáld
We agree about the security. Must be quite a job.
But no specifying a port is not always accepted like Cloudflare does (simply dropping any port number) E.g. my Synology reverse proxy does not accept any port number and does not function when this is specified. I think other proxies will work the same. Having a port number required is now limiting.
I looked into more detail into Cloudflare. It has a built-in access control mechanisms to authenticate allowed users. This however can not be used now... After opening the connection it popsup a login screen. This makes yacreader crash, it cant validate the server version...
Other applications have kind of a wait loop. Allow validation and then start there own business.
If you like I can setup a domain with this validation, so you can see be yourself what happens.
If you can somehow make this work, setting up a Cloudflare tunnel with authentication would be a secure method.
This is quite easy and secure.
Anyway.
Best wishes for 2025!
Groeten,
Ronáld
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Brice
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 8 months ago #9235
by Brice
Replied by Brice on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hello
I bought the app for Android (use it on my tablet) to access to my libray on my computer.
Il have a Synology NAS with another library (i used komga before), i'd like to access her with my tablet.
I installed the YAC Reader Library Server Container, and followed the tutorial, bu i can't see the folder on my NAS, even the folder in the docker folder...
I'm a really newbie, on nas configuration
Can i have some help?
Thx
I bought the app for Android (use it on my tablet) to access to my libray on my computer.
Il have a Synology NAS with another library (i used komga before), i'd like to access her with my tablet.
I installed the YAC Reader Library Server Container, and followed the tutorial, bu i can't see the folder on my NAS, even the folder in the docker folder...
I'm a really newbie, on nas configuration
Can i have some help?
Thx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 8 months ago #9236
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
you have to associate a path in your nas with the internal docker path /comics, it’s done when you configure your container -> path/to/comic:/comics
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Gude
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 5 months ago #9474
by Gude
Replied by Gude on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hi,
I´m not getting it to work.
I followed every step from Renns set up guide.
Also it seems to work until step 3.
I cannot set up a library in Terminal.
I tried everything and I also get this when I create a new bash: root@xthursdayx-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-1:/#
But I cannot find any library with my ipad app or with my browser on my mac.
So please advise.
Thank you!
I´m not getting it to work.
I followed every step from Renns set up guide.
Also it seems to work until step 3.
I cannot set up a library in Terminal.
I tried everything and I also get this when I create a new bash: root@xthursdayx-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-1:/#
But I cannot find any library with my ipad app or with my browser on my mac.
So please advise.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 5 months ago #9475
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
you need to run the create or add library command from the terminal:
BTW, use the official image if you can.
Code:
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library /comics
BTW, use the official image if you can.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Gude
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 4 months ago #9481
by Gude
Replied by Gude on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Thank you!
I updated to the official image and I created a library with the App on my mac. When I type the IP adress and the port into the browser I still only see "libraries" but not my comic folder or the comics. But in my comic folder on the NAS, there is the library with all the covers scanned. I also see it in my app on my mac. But I cannot open it in my app on my iphone or ipad. Don´t know what to do next. I checke my firewall and my router. Everything looks ok. Any suggestions?
I updated to the official image and I created a library with the App on my mac. When I type the IP adress and the port into the browser I still only see "libraries" but not my comic folder or the comics. But in my comic folder on the NAS, there is the library with all the covers scanned. I also see it in my app on my mac. But I cannot open it in my app on my iphone or ipad. Don´t know what to do next. I checke my firewall and my router. Everything looks ok. Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 4 months ago #9482
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Are you using the right connection data? you need to use the ip of your NAS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel