Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS

More
1 year 1 month ago #9627 by Xelasi
Yay, thanks Luis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #9658 by Xelasi
Hello

Id like to run two instances of the server, on 2 diff ports
the goal is to have the second one only show part of the library (only some of the folders) as the 2nd one is for the kids and want to restrict some content
when i create the second instance, regarless of which libraries i create (eg only 1 lib) , it will show all the libraries present in the main pre existing server (6 libs)

any idea of how to sort this out

thanks
A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #9662 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
You need to have two different config paths, you are using the same path for both container so they are sharing their configuration, including the list of libraries.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelasi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #9672 by Xelasi
thanks - indeed both containers were pointing to the same /config :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 days ago #9678 by alectron
Hi, I'm trying to analyse where my issues with timeouts on the YACreader (iPadOS accessing a synology NAS) side are coming from (after switching to a newer iPad, and trying to use the official docker version [had the Muallin one working yonks ago... but I'm now pulling my hair out trying to set it up again....] ).

To troubleshoot - do I understand it correctly (here: yacreader.com/forum/support-ios/2243-cha...working-on-ipad#7575 ) that once the docker is set up (with a library created, started and scanned (it does see 1k comic files after triggering 'rescan-xml-info' which seems about right, as well as a firewall rule in place for the port), there should be a way to see a successful access of the ip:port in a browser as well ?
If so, what should I see in the browser [all I see is time outs / 'ip:port refused to connect'] ?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #9684 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
If you see timeouts you are probably using the wrong ip/port address, you need to use the IP of your NAS, and the external port assigned to the container.

You can try http://ip:port/webui and you'll see the server state (version, api version, port, os, and a list of your libraries)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #9686 by alectron
Thanks for the input!!

What is odd - I see another docker service, operating under the same NAS IP (immich...):
ip:port/photos

Whereas the same NAS IP, with the correct port being set for YAC, and this:
ip:port/webui

does not and times out...

So I had a look at the docker as well as firewall settings again, and the yac docker and port is similarly configured to the working immich container (i.e. both firewall rules use the IP stated inside the container via bridge - which is different to the NAS IP - found in Container > general > network > IP Address).
So I'd assume that is correct.... but I tried switching this to use the NAS IP for YAC just in case, but to no avail either.

Guess I need to start from scratch with a clean sheet with YAC and try again as it's just odd atm...
Cheers.
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by alectron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #9687 by alectron
Ok, some progress.
(the issue was that I was using the main In port (for Bridge) not the out port, i.e. in Synology Docker settings:
Code:
Port xxx/tcp xxxxx
So I tried (mostly the 4 digit xxxx/tcp port... whereas it should have been xxxxx)

So, I see
Code:
YACReaderLibrary Server is up and running.
via Browser, so that's good.

Also, for testing, I created 3 libraries on the docker shell side. The iPad YAcReader client sees all of them directly after them being created. So that's good as well.
But, when I go through import, and tab either library (which hold, aftrer creatiung the liobrary in Docker console 33, 1, and 97 comics as per the info in shell), they are empty... or rather it opens a "Continue Reading" page, and shows "It Looks like you are not reading anything :("


I seem to rememeber there were issues if the library server side didn't have proper write access in the docker (to generate the previews...?)... this would be the next breadcrumb, when I have another few hours.
But, if anyone has any, I would be thankful for any pointers... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #9688 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
There are some tips here if you have write problems: hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver

Check PUID and PGID.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #9693 by alectron

Luis Ángel wrote: There are some tips here if you have write problems: hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver

Check PUID and PGID.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be an issue...?
i.e. after creating the libraries (inside the docker shell, with the synology user that has write access), the preview pdfs are created without an issue.
But - the issue is the ipad client seemingly now (?), as once the previews are written on the NAS, I'd assume the reading progress is stored on the iPad client, no ?

Either way - on the iPad end, I still see all 3 test libraries, but all behave the same as: " it opens a "Continue Reading" page, and shows "It Looks like you are not reading anything :("
It feels like I'm missing a vital step inside of the YAC iPad Client... guess I'll just purchase the android version for further testing and support of YACreader.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!