- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
Help and support for Linux users.
Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
1 year 10 months ago #8998
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
hola Luis
I installed the latest version (from 6 days ago), but still I can't seem to have the library being refreshed at night or after restart.
Any way to add debugging or trick to troubleshoot?
tx
I installed the latest version (from 6 days ago), but still I can't seem to have the library being refreshed at night or after restart.
Any way to add debugging or trick to troubleshoot?
tx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago #8999
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
where are you editing the settings? can i see the path and the .ini file?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 10 months ago #9000
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
sure 
docker config
volumes:
- /volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config:/config
so under
/volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary
I can find yacreaderlibrary.log -> where correct data is written
and YACReaderLibrary.ini
with
...
[libraryConfig]
IMPORT_COMIC_INFO_XML_METADATA=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME_TIME=02:00
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_STARTUP=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY_INTERVAL=6
...
docker config
volumes:
- /volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config:/config
so under
/volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary
I can find yacreaderlibrary.log -> where correct data is written
and YACReaderLibrary.ini
with
...
[libraryConfig]
IMPORT_COMIC_INFO_XML_METADATA=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME_TIME=02:00
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_STARTUP=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY_INTERVAL=6
...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago #9001
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
It looks ok, I'll take a look to see if something is off.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: migube
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 10 months ago #9025
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I am using the container manager (synology docker tool implementation in dsm 7.2)
Installed the yaml from the readme with some changes as project in the container manager:
- changed port 9999 to 8080
- changed UID to my admin number
- added the paths or /config and /comics
In the container section in the container manager I opened a terminal and in a bash
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library /mypath/NewLibrary /comics/NewLibrary
--> The .yacreader was created in the NewLibrary folder
YACReaderLibraryServer add-library /mypath/ExistingLibrary /comics/ExistingLibrary
Added some auto update settings in the .ini file, according the readme.
Restarting the server gave me 2 warnings messages:
WARN 2024-11-18T22:08:42.809 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x55985d7259c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x55985d7204c0), current thread is QThread(0x55985d728c10)
WARN 2024-11-18T22:10:12.556 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
and 9 more of the same
My guess is that the missing variable warning is for the NewLibrary, where the server created the .yacreader: there are 10 items in this library...
Any idea?
A first look at 8080 gives me a library with 2 items:
ExistingLibrary (shows all the contents as expected)
NewLibrary (which doesn't open)
Is there something wrong with server created libraries?
Thanks for your efforts!
Groeten,
Ronald
Installed the yaml from the readme with some changes as project in the container manager:
- changed port 9999 to 8080
- changed UID to my admin number
- added the paths or /config and /comics
In the container section in the container manager I opened a terminal and in a bash
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library /mypath/NewLibrary /comics/NewLibrary
--> The .yacreader was created in the NewLibrary folder
YACReaderLibraryServer add-library /mypath/ExistingLibrary /comics/ExistingLibrary
Added some auto update settings in the .ini file, according the readme.
Restarting the server gave me 2 warnings messages:
WARN 2024-11-18T22:08:42.809 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x55985d7259c0), parent's thread is QThread(0x55985d7204c0), current thread is QThread(0x55985d728c10)
WARN 2024-11-18T22:10:12.556 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
and 9 more of the same
My guess is that the missing variable warning is for the NewLibrary, where the server created the .yacreader: there are 10 items in this library...
Any idea?
A first look at 8080 gives me a library with 2 items:
ExistingLibrary (shows all the contents as expected)
NewLibrary (which doesn't open)
Is there something wrong with server created libraries?
Thanks for your efforts!
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9028
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
The templates are only used when html is requested, so you can ignore those, because the ios/android apps won’t use them.
The server should be able to create libraries just fine unless it has some troubles writing to disk, can you double check that you can write to the /comics path from inside the container?
The server should be able to create libraries just fine unless it has some troubles writing to disk, can you double check that you can write to the /comics path from inside the container?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 10 months ago #9040
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
root@ee4dd68bf644:/# ls comics
Comics @eaDir Strips
root@ee4dd68bf644:/# cd comics
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# ls -l
total 0
drwx
1 abc users 19418 Nov 21 21:11 Comics
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users 22 Nov 19 22:50 @eaDir
drwx
1 abc users 35934 Nov 10 18:26 Strips
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# touch x
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# ls -l
total 0
drwx
1 abc users 19418 Nov 21 21:11 Comics
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users 22 Nov 19 22:50 @eaDir
drwx
1 abc users 35934 Nov 10 18:26 Strips
1 root root 0 Nov 23 17:35 x
I think I can write in the comics folder (by accident my libraries are called Comics and Strips)
Anyway I think everything is OK.
I can read both libraries on my android tablet and phone. Fantastic!
Thank you!
Groeten,
Ronald
Comics @eaDir Strips
root@ee4dd68bf644:/# cd comics
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# ls -l
total 0
drwx
1 abc users 19418 Nov 21 21:11 Comics
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users 22 Nov 19 22:50 @eaDir
drwx
1 abc users 35934 Nov 10 18:26 Strips
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# touch x
root@ee4dd68bf644:/comics# ls -l
total 0
drwx
1 abc users 19418 Nov 21 21:11 Comics
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users 22 Nov 19 22:50 @eaDir
drwx
1 abc users 35934 Nov 10 18:26 Strips
1 root root 0 Nov 23 17:35 x
I think I can write in the comics folder (by accident my libraries are called Comics and Strips)
Anyway I think everything is OK.
I can read both libraries on my android tablet and phone. Fantastic!
Thank you!
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 10 months ago #9042
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Dag er45be,
does the daily automatic update work for you?
ytx
does the daily automatic update work for you?
ytx
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 10 months ago #9043
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I found that certain cbr are not read on android devices with the YACReaderLibraryServer. (Windows app will read them).
I get a message 'comic not found'. This message is pointing in the wrong direction. The problem seems to be the compression type. It was 51 for the failing comics.
My conclusions are:
- the unrar on android is not covering all rar compression types (at least not 51)
- the error message is not correct ('comic not found' should be 'comic could not decompress')
Anyway I will convert all cbr to cbz. I already did this for another library. I do not really like the rar format.
For the pythonista's I used te following code to determine the compression type
pip install rarfile
import rarfile
with rarfile.RarFile("mytest.rar") as rf:
# get info for the first file and exit
for info in rf.infolist():
print(f"Filename: {info.filename}")
print(f"Compression type: {info.compress_type}")
exit()
I get a message 'comic not found'. This message is pointing in the wrong direction. The problem seems to be the compression type. It was 51 for the failing comics.
My conclusions are:
- the unrar on android is not covering all rar compression types (at least not 51)
- the error message is not correct ('comic not found' should be 'comic could not decompress')
Anyway I will convert all cbr to cbz. I already did this for another library. I do not really like the rar format.
For the pythonista's I used te following code to determine the compression type
pip install rarfile
import rarfile
with rarfile.RarFile("mytest.rar") as rf:
# get info for the first file and exit
for info in rf.infolist():
print(f"Filename: {info.filename}")
print(f"Compression type: {info.compress_type}")
exit()
The following user(s) said Thank You: migube
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9044
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
The Android app doesn’t decompress the files, YACReaderLibrary does and it sends the pages to the client. It could be that the image format is not supported by the client.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel