- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Help and support for Linux users.
Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
1 year 8 months ago #9285
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
IIRC I added some retries to handle those cases, maybe I need to increase the number of retries or the timeout…
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nixuotan
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 7 months ago #9351
by nixuotan
Replied by nixuotan on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Didn't know there was an official docker image for this now. Can't wait for the stable release. I recently noticed that some of my comics are not getting updated on the xThursdaysx default version that I am using right now. It is the 7zip versions of my comics that is not getting updated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9357
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
There is a release already: 9.15
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- djkazaz
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9391
by djkazaz
Replied by djkazaz on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hi, thanks for the official docker image.
I managed to install it on TrueNAS (supports docker apps) but noticed some odd behaviour:\
1) Trying to create libraries did not seem to do anything.
2) I then created the libraries using the desktop application on windows. Adding these existing libraries appeared to have no effect (they were not visible on the UI or browsable by the iOS client). However, after adding the existing libraries and then stopping and starting the contrainer succeeded in making the libaries show up on the webui.
3) Responsiveness seems a little better than the xthursday build I am running in parallel (on a different port) however I am not 100% of this.
I managed to install it on TrueNAS (supports docker apps) but noticed some odd behaviour:\
1) Trying to create libraries did not seem to do anything.
2) I then created the libraries using the desktop application on windows. Adding these existing libraries appeared to have no effect (they were not visible on the UI or browsable by the iOS client). However, after adding the existing libraries and then stopping and starting the contrainer succeeded in making the libaries show up on the webui.
3) Responsiveness seems a little better than the xthursday build I am running in parallel (on a different port) however I am not 100% of this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #9392
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
The official image is based on the xthursdayx's one I just added full 7zip (to support rar5) and pdf support.
Are you sure you have write permissions from the new container? you can try to do `touch test` from inside the container in the library folder (in /comics from the container perspective) to see if it can actual write.
Are you sure you have write permissions from the new container? you can try to do `touch test` from inside the container in the library folder (in /comics from the container perspective) to see if it can actual write.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 6 months ago #9410
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hallo Luis,
I have been using yacreaderlibraryserver (your version) for some time now.
I want to focus on reading progress:
If I use my local lan, it works from my Android devices.
If I use a Cloudflare tunnel, reading progress is not stored.
All possible access permissions are totally open.
The setup of yacreaderlibraryserver is a copy of calibre web,
kavita Docker containers. All track reading progress in a Cloudflare tunnel.
The only thing I could find that accessing data on a server should be via a TCP call.
I wonder if you access the database for writin with http...
Groeten,
Ronald
Groeten,
Ronald
I have been using yacreaderlibraryserver (your version) for some time now.
I want to focus on reading progress:
If I use my local lan, it works from my Android devices.
If I use a Cloudflare tunnel, reading progress is not stored.
All possible access permissions are totally open.
The setup of yacreaderlibraryserver is a copy of calibre web,
kavita Docker containers. All track reading progress in a Cloudflare tunnel.
The only thing I could find that accessing data on a server should be via a TCP call.
I wonder if you access the database for writin with http...
Groeten,
Ronald
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9411
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
All traffic is http, but http runs over TCP...
Any other restrictions? The progress is sent using a POST request
Any other restrictions? The progress is sent using a POST request
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 6 months ago #9412
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
No clue...
I am not sure about the tcp, just found a snippet about writing to databases inside a cloudfare tunnel requiring tcp
Forget about it for now...
I will have a look at the cloudfare side. The only thing bothering me that Calibre-Web and Kavita have no problem updating their database via a Cloudfare Tunnel...
For comics I prefer yacreader! Because of the great management tool on Windows.
For Calibre-Web I use Calibre as management tool on Windows.
Calibre is not OK for comics with its author based structure.
Kavita requires a lot of resources to manage a databases, far too much on a NAS server...
Groeten,
Ronald
I am not sure about the tcp, just found a snippet about writing to databases inside a cloudfare tunnel requiring tcp
Forget about it for now...
I will have a look at the cloudfare side. The only thing bothering me that Calibre-Web and Kavita have no problem updating their database via a Cloudfare Tunnel...
For comics I prefer yacreader! Because of the great management tool on Windows.
For Calibre-Web I use Calibre as management tool on Windows.
Calibre is not OK for comics with its author based structure.
Kavita requires a lot of resources to manage a databases, far too much on a NAS server...
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9413
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
hmmm, if you open a comic remotely does it update? are you importing your comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 6 months ago #9414
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Remotely no update of reading progress. However I get the latest updates from the library.
The only difference between remote and local usage are tracking reading progress and the books read.
(And perhaps more I did not notice yet...)
Is there any logging if the current POST request fails?
I am pretty sure http POST won't work over my remote https tunnel.
I will try to play with the cloudfare settings...
Have a nice Sunday!
Groeten,
Ronald
The only difference between remote and local usage are tracking reading progress and the books read.
(And perhaps more I did not notice yet...)
Is there any logging if the current POST request fails?
I am pretty sure http POST won't work over my remote https tunnel.
I will try to play with the cloudfare settings...
Have a nice Sunday!
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel