Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: The covers are not showing

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6863

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Not sure if my first reply went through. I got an error message at the top of the page where you normally see the moderator approval waiting message.

I figured out why my covers were missing. I edited a bunch of my comics, and rescanned others to get better quality. The files have the same names, but the files are totally different. I tried your instructions, but I couldn't figure it out. I just decided to start the Marvel library over.

In the case that I need to replace a file like that again in the future, how should I do it? Would it work to delete the original files, and scan the library for the missing files first before adding the new versions and scanning the library again?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6865

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yeah, deleting, updating the library, copying the new files and update the library once more time.

The yacreaderlibrary just checks file names to help with the performance of updating libraries. Ideally it should check hashes.

BTW it is better to have a single library with all your comics if they are all in the same hard disk. Search only works in the current selected library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6866

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Well I just finished creating a new library for my Marvel comics. That must not have been the reason for the missing covers because they're still not there on a ton of files. No idea what's the problem now.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6867

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Okay, weird thing. It looks like every file after a certain point is missing the cover. Am I running into a limit of some kind? My hard drive definitely has free space. It's not that. See pic.
Attachments:

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6868

Luis Ángel

Administrator

No, there are no limits at all.

Did you delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder before creating the library again?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6869

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Not manually. I selected "remove library and delete metadata" within the YAClibrary app. Should I do that again, and delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder in windows explorer as well? I assumed that would be gone.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6870

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yes, try that. If you have the folder or any file inside it open deletion could've failed.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6871

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Idk, man. I've tried rebuilding the library several times, and having the same problem every time. I deleted the .yacreaderlibrary folder. Same problem. I even moved the comics to a to a new directory in case the .yacreaderlibrary folder was not deleting fully somehow, and I have the same issue.

I have no idea what's happening. YAClibrary scans all the files. Sees all the files. It only creates covers up to a certain point then stops after issue 5 of the first volume of Spider-Man. Same as my last screenshot.

Does metadata get stored anywhere else?

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6872

Luis Ángel

Administrator

No, metadata only exists in .yacreaderlibrary.

Does it always stop creating covers at the same point? If you copy a couple of comics that don't have a cover in a folder and you create a library in that folder, do the covers get stracted?

What version of the app are you using?
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6875

Luis Ángel

Administrator

BTW, check the logs in this path
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary

Can you see any relevant message error there?