- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
Help and support for Windows users.
The covers are not showing
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
4 years 2 months ago #6876
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
version 9.8.2.2106204
Just copied about a hundred files that were not populating covers in my Marvel library to another drive, and set up a test library with them. They populate covers fine.
It does stop creating covers at the same point every time.
I see only one line in the logs with a relevant date.
"ERROR 2022-07-07T14:02:56.420 Local connection: unable to read the message size "Unknown error"
Just copied about a hundred files that were not populating covers in my Marvel library to another drive, and set up a test library with them. They populate covers fine.
It does stop creating covers at the same point every time.
I see only one line in the logs with a relevant date.
"ERROR 2022-07-07T14:02:56.420 Local connection: unable to read the message size "Unknown error"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6877
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
How many covers does it extract until it stops? Maybe there is some kind of leak in the code and it is hitting some resources limit.
I will create a large library to see if I can reproduce the problem.
I will create a large library to see if I can reproduce the problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6878
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
The library has like 1800 files.
After doing a little math it seems the program copes with about 1400 files before stopping.
I just reinstalled the apps from the website, and deleted my .yacreaderlib folders. I'm starting over, and seeing what happens.
After doing a little math it seems the program copes with about 1400 files before stopping.
I just reinstalled the apps from the website, and deleted my .yacreaderlib folders. I'm starting over, and seeing what happens.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6879
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Okay. Has to be some kind of limit to the number of comics you can import in one go. I just created a brand new library from the marvel collection in a brand new install of the YAClibrary app. Exact same issue. Stops in the same place at the same comic.
I'm going to try it again, but I'm going to cut half my files out of the marvel folder. Maybe creating the library with half the files will let the YAClibrary app to create all those covers. Then I can add the second half after the library is started, and it will create the remaining covers?
I'm going to try it again, but I'm going to cut half my files out of the marvel folder. Maybe creating the library with half the files will let the YAClibrary app to create all those covers. Then I can add the second half after the library is started, and it will create the remaining covers?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #6880
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
This is so weird, I just created a huge library right now with no issues.
Do you mind trying the latest dev build? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.9.0.2207067
If it doesn't work, try pausing the library creation (at the middle or so) and restarting the app, then update the library, does it finish this way?
If you really want to create the library incrementally, just create a library in empty folder, then copy folders in batches and update the library (or drag and drop folders into YACReaderLibrary)
Do you mind trying the latest dev build? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.9.0.2207067
If it doesn't work, try pausing the library creation (at the middle or so) and restarting the app, then update the library, does it finish this way?
If you really want to create the library incrementally, just create a library in empty folder, then copy folders in batches and update the library (or drag and drop folders into YACReaderLibrary)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6881
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
I'll give the dev build a look after I finish trying this idea.
Does it matter if all my files are archives of webp images? I converted all of my images to that standard some time ago.
Does it matter if all my files are archives of webp images? I converted all of my images to that standard some time ago.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6882
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
webp is supported so it shouldn’t be a problem
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6883
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Just an update. I got to the cover creation limit even after splitting the comics up into two groups. Same problem happening.
Going to try your dev build now.
Going to try your dev build now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6884
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
That dev build is just the reader-not the library app.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6885
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
No, it's both. Uninstall your current installation, make sure that the installation folder is fully gone, and then install the new version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel