Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

More
7 years 10 months ago #4347 by TheStryder
Replied by TheStryder on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

jduteau wrote: I'm using the image that @josetesan is sharing. I can do a mini-writeup for Synology NAS users on how I got it running. I'll do that when I can find some free non-work time!

Evid3nce wrote: Hi,
I've installed Yacreader for Docker and its container on my Nas Synology but then I'm stuck as I don't get how to get things to work.

I assume I need to use the Terminal but not really quite sure.

I hope you can help me since I'm new to this docker thing :/


Several people have reached out and asked for Synology Docker help including me but haven't gotten anywhere with instructions. It took me a while, but I managed to figure this out.


Manually create the library in the comics folder in Synology (/Media/Comics) using the desktop version of YACReader Library on your Mac/PC

Install YACReaderLibrary in Docker

Search for yacreaderlibrary in the Docker registry
Download image
Launch image, proceed with advanced installation
Port Settings
Container port defaults to 8080
Set local port to something easier to remember (I used 8084)
Volume
Set your file/folder path (Media/Comics) as well as mount path (/Comics)

Add library to YACReaderLibrary

Confirm that image is launched by opening YACReader in your browser (192.168.1.123:8084)
You should see an empty library in your browser window
In Synology, go to to the Container tab and open the details for YACReaderLibrary
Go to the terminal tab
Open the Create drop-down and select Launch with command
Enter "YACReaderLibraryServer add-library Comics /Comics"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, wacha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4364 by Fabien
Replied by Fabien on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hi All,

After months without any issue, I had to reinstall the docker on my QNAP server.

Now, after installation, the docker block on "starting"... no way to connect anymore.

Logging to /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.747 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start

INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.803
System & configuration
INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.803 OS: "Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)" Version: "9"
INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.803 Kernel: "linux" "4.2.8" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.803 Libraries: QMap()

INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.803
INFO 2018-12-09T12:12:15.804 YACReaderLibrary starting

Tried to reinstalled from scratch, modify the port, ... none of my changes have been successful.

Any idea to get it back to work will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4369 by YellowNZ
Replied by YellowNZ on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
OK, I have most of it working: can see my library, it gives me page numbers, filze size, cover picture etc, but if I click on read or download I get a 404 error file not found. What am I missing?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by YellowNZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4386 by YellowNZ
Replied by YellowNZ on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Right, I have managed to get most of it working. I can see my library, it tells me the files, page numbers, file size etc, but if I click on them I get an error 404 not found.

Getting so close! Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4392 by Hiryu
Replied by Hiryu on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hi y'all,

Just moved onto a Synology and got YAC docker installed. Everything seems to be running correctly at the moment. So thanks for everyone's input on this thread, it was very helpful!

One thing I can't figure out it how to have the library update automatically. I put in some new files in the mounted folder, and they didn't show up until I ran "YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /Comics" in the docker terminal.

Any way of having this run automatically once in a while to make sure new files get included in the Library? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4393 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Fabien: Library paths are stored inside the docker container, so resetting the container likely made it "forget" the libraries. Just add them using the add-library command.

YellowNZ: I am not sure. Could be an issue with your library or the installation. Maybe Luis has an idea.

Hiryu: YACReader itself does not offer that capability yet, but you could run the update periodically via a cronjob, systemd-timer or use inotify watchers to detect filesystem changes and run the command on that.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4395 by Hiryu
Replied by Hiryu on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
thanks selmf --

I went the route of using DSM's built-in Task Scheduler.
Created a new scheduled task that runs twice daily with user defined script (in the third tab labeled Task Settings -- run command section)

#!/bin/sh
docker exec YACServer YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /Comics

where "YACServer" after docker exec is my docker container name for YAC


Seems to be working when I force it to run and will see if it works as scheduled over the next few days.
Posting in case someone finds this helpful.

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Hiryu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wacha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4406 by jcshumpert
Replied by jcshumpert on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
I use a Raspberry Pi 3 b+ and wanted to try out docker. I've never used it before so having josetesan's dockerfile and instructions was very helpful.

I forked josetesan's repo in Github, added some of the dependencies mentioned by j4c0b14n in this thread, as well as some supporting hooks to emulate ARM architecture during the Docker build process and that appears to have worked.

If anyone has a Raspberry Pi (or other ARM cpu device) and would like to give it a try you can follow very similar instructions to josetesan's found on my docker repo:

hub.docker.com/r/jcshumpert/yacreaderlib...r-docker-raspberrypi

I'm running it on a DietPi OS install (a slimmed down Raspbian with some little tweaks) so as long as you're running DietPi or Raspbian it should work.

The only issue I've run into that I'm troubleshooting is being unable to read comics from the iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad. I get a "Bad Info" error mentioning that there might be an issue with the file or library. I've tried rebuilding my library from scratch and still get that message. From my Mac or Windows PC they can connect and view the comics just fine. I'd like to get someone else to test the docker install on a Pi with their library to see if it is an issue with the docker build or if it is something screwy with my comics/library.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4428 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

jcshumpert wrote: The only issue I've run into that I'm troubleshooting is being unable to read comics from the iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad. I get a "Bad Info" error mentioning that there might be an issue with the file or library. I've tried rebuilding my library from scratch and still get that message. From my Mac or Windows PC they can connect and view the comics just fine. I'd like to get someone else to test the docker install on a Pi with their library to see if it is an issue with the docker build or if it is something screwy with my comics/library.


What version of YACReaderLibraryServer are you using? it should be 9.5.0

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4435 by jcshumpert
Replied by jcshumpert on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
The docker image is pulling the latest 9.5.0 from Github. I checked on the pi server by running the command: YACReaderLibraryServer --version and confirmed that it prints out 9.5.0

I'm in the process of using ZenCBR to scan my library for mismatched file types/corrupted files. Once I finish that I'll rebuild my YAC Library and see if the symptoms change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!