Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4539

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Evid3nce wrote:
Is there a way to actually connect in Https ?

No, not yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 5 months ago #4887

Wolgan

Fresh Boarder

ETA on update to 9.6.2? :)

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5010

xlx

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

I'm running LibreELEC in an ARM box (RockPro64) and tried to pull and run your docker container (since I read in one of your posts that you've been using it yourself in an arm environment). It apparently installs, but when I try to exec the library creation command I got an error stating that the container is not running. When I try to see the logs I get a "exec format error" (I've pasted all the steps, as well as the error messages, bellow).

By the way, I've tried each and every variant of the dockerized YACReader containers I found on the docker repository and the result is the same (same error msg, etc). I can confirm that my docker structure works well, since I've got several other containers running without any issues.

LibreELEC:~ # docker pull muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Digest: sha256:707efec65fe8d01f1bd3ab8b347614264d32ab9d85612b1dfe2c5ac18070c999
Status: Image is up to date for muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker:latest

LibreELEC:~ # docker run -d -p 8085:8080 -v /var/media/XLX/YACReader/comics/:/comics --name=yacserver muallin/yacrea
derlibrary-server-docker
54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475

LibreELEC:~ # docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics
Error response from daemon: Container 54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475 is not running

LibreELEC:~ # docker logs -f yacserver
standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                    COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS    
                  PORTS                                                                        NAMES
54f2dc9a7dd4        muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker   "YACReaderLibrarySer�"   2 minutes ago       Exited (1)
 14 seconds ago

LibreELEC:~ # docker start yacserver
yacserver
LibreELEC:~ # docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics
Error response from daemon: Container 54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475 is not running

Am I maybe doing something wrong? Could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5017

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi,
the docker images aren't build by us but by a user from the community, so our influence and ability to provide support is limited. My guess is that the containers are built for x86 and don't work on ARM architectures. You could either rebuild the images for ARM or ask the provider if he could add an ARM build.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5021

jcshumpert

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I know you said that you've tried every variant of the docker images. Do you get the same error messages/symptoms when trying to use the image from my fork?

github.com/jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

I run this one on a Raspberry Pi 3b (running dietpi as the OS). You may still have issues as this is compiled as an ARMv7 (32-bit) container and I'm not super familiar with how well 32-bit containers run on 64-bit boards. If that doesn't work you may need modify the docker file and build a new container as 64-bit ARMv8.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5025

xlx

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

In fact I’d already imagined the error was result of differences of architectures. I took some time to read the docker documentation and learned some basics on image building. It’s not perfect yet (too big, and all) but I got it working. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5026

xlx

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. In fact yours was one of the images I tried to use. I imagine that the issue was indeed the difference of architectures. After posting my question I took a look on the Docker manual and with the valuable help of your scripts (as well as the scripts from the other guys who were kind enough to post their images) I successfully built my own image, that’s been working fine for the last couple of hours without errors. I don’t think it’s as optimized as it can be yet, but it’s a start.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 4 years 2 months ago #5027

Mr.Bird

Fresh Boarder

Hi guys,

I thought I could outsmart the system by running 2 instances of the container image on different ports.
This would theoretically make multi user libraries possible as each container would have its own database .
However, the library is created on the mount path when running YACReaderLibraryServer create-library inside the container.

This means that even when deleting your container, the database still remains on the path you've mounted.
This is a hidden folder named .yacreaderlibrary which contains library.ydb .

My question is, can we have the option to choose the path where the database comes inside the container.
This way, the database depends on the lifecycle of the container instead of the share/volume it is placed on.

I've already went through the code on github, but I could not find anything that defines an extra parameter to create-library.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 3 years 3 months ago #5678

jefftr66

Fresh Boarder

So I was able to create the YAC library docker container - works great. I can access the comics if I'm at home via the assigned local IP & port.

I was also able to create a reverse proxy website so I can access the library at yac.xxx.xx. However when I click on the read button I only get text - a description of the file itself.

Any ideas?

Jeff

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 3 years 3 months ago #5680

Ruescas

Fresh Boarder

jefftr66 wrote:
So I was able to create the YAC library docker container - works great. I can access the comics if I'm at home via the assigned local IP & port.

I was also able to create a reverse proxy website so I can access the library at yac.xxx.xx. However when I click on the read button I only get text - a description of the file itself.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Same problem here.