Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

More
7 years 6 months ago #4539 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

Evid3nce wrote: Is there a way to actually connect in Https ?


No, not yet.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4887 by Wolgan
Replied by Wolgan on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
ETA on update to 9.6.2? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5010 by xlx
Replied by xlx on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hello,

I'm running LibreELEC in an ARM box (RockPro64) and tried to pull and run your docker container (since I read in one of your posts that you've been using it yourself in an arm environment). It apparently installs, but when I try to exec the library creation command I got an error stating that the container is not running. When I try to see the logs I get a "exec format error" (I've pasted all the steps, as well as the error messages, bellow).

By the way, I've tried each and every variant of the dockerized YACReader containers I found on the docker repository and the result is the same (same error msg, etc). I can confirm that my docker structure works well, since I've got several other containers running without any issues.

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # docker pull muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker Using default tag: latest latest: Pulling from muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker Digest: sha256:707efec65fe8d01f1bd3ab8b347614264d32ab9d85612b1dfe2c5ac18070c999 Status: Image is up to date for muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker:latest

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # docker run -d -p 8085:8080 -v /var/media/XLX/YACReader/comics/:/comics --name=yacserver muallin/yacrea derlibrary-server-docker 54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics Error response from daemon: Container 54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475 is not running

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # docker logs -f yacserver standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Code:
docker ps -a CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES 54f2dc9a7dd4 muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker "YACReaderLibrarySer�" 2 minutes ago Exited (1) 14 seconds ago

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # docker start yacserver yacserver LibreELEC:~ # docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics Error response from daemon: Container 54f2dc9a7dd45eb50fbefe84f332e459c1a6280436ff4f31e668217658803475 is not running

Am I maybe doing something wrong? Could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5017 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hi,
the docker images aren't build by us but by a user from the community, so our influence and ability to provide support is limited. My guess is that the containers are built for x86 and don't work on ARM architectures. You could either rebuild the images for ARM or ask the provider if he could add an ARM build.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5021 by jcshumpert
Replied by jcshumpert on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
I know you said that you've tried every variant of the docker images. Do you get the same error messages/symptoms when trying to use the image from my fork?

github.com/jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

I run this one on a Raspberry Pi 3b (running dietpi as the OS). You may still have issues as this is compiled as an ARMv7 (32-bit) container and I'm not super familiar with how well 32-bit containers run on 64-bit boards. If that doesn't work you may need modify the docker file and build a new container as 64-bit ARMv8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5025 by xlx
Replied by xlx on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hello,

In fact I’d already imagined the error was result of differences of architectures. I took some time to read the docker documentation and learned some basics on image building. It’s not perfect yet (too big, and all) but I got it working. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5026 by xlx
Replied by xlx on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. In fact yours was one of the images I tried to use. I imagine that the issue was indeed the difference of architectures. After posting my question I took a look on the Docker manual and with the valuable help of your scripts (as well as the scripts from the other guys who were kind enough to post their images) I successfully built my own image, that’s been working fine for the last couple of hours without errors. I don’t think it’s as optimized as it can be yet, but it’s a start.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5027 by Mr.Bird
Replied by Mr.Bird on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Hi guys,

I thought I could outsmart the system by running 2 instances of the container image on different ports.
This would theoretically make multi user libraries possible as each container would have its own database .
However, the library is created on the mount path when running YACReaderLibraryServer create-library inside the container.

This means that even when deleting your container, the database still remains on the path you've mounted.
This is a hidden folder named .yacreaderlibrary which contains library.ydb .

My question is, can we have the option to choose the path where the database comes inside the container.
This way, the database depends on the lifecycle of the container instead of the share/volume it is placed on.

I've already went through the code on github, but I could not find anything that defines an extra parameter to create-library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5678 by jefftr66
Replied by jefftr66 on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
So I was able to create the YAC library docker container - works great. I can access the comics if I'm at home via the assigned local IP & port.

I was also able to create a reverse proxy website so I can access the library at yac.xxx.xx. However when I click on the read button I only get text - a description of the file itself.

Any ideas?

Jeff




Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5680 by Ruescas
Replied by Ruescas on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

jefftr66 wrote: So I was able to create the YAC library docker container - works great. I can access the comics if I'm at home via the assigned local IP & port.

I was also able to create a reverse proxy website so I can access the library at yac.xxx.xx. However when I click on the read button I only get text - a description of the file itself.

Any ideas?

Jeff





Same problem here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!