Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 months ago #4449

jcshumpert

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Good news. I was able to get things working on my Pi using the docker image from my repository. I ended up swapping OS images from DietPi to Raspbian Stretch Lite.

Anyone interested in running YACReaderLibraryServer on a Raspberry Pi should be able to do so pretty simply now without having to compile from source or build the docker image locally on the Pi.

If anyone is interested in more details let me know. I could probably put together a tutorial to cover it in a separate thread. I don't want to hijack this one.

At a high level, you would just need to flash a fresh copy of Raspbian, install docker, mount your comics library (USB Drive, hard drive, NAS share, etc), and then run the commands detailed in my docker repository: hub.docker.com/r/jcshumpert/yacreaderlib...r-docker-raspberrypi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 months ago #4458

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Thanks for the update jcshumpert :)

We generally could use an updated tutorial for the headless server, including docker details, but I would prefer to have this as a part of our documentation, not as a forum thread. There is already too much scattered information here that I keep meaning to put together for a FAQ or updated instructions, but something else always comes up, so … if you are interested in helping out, we'd appreciate it. We have some ideas of our own of how the guide should look like and what it should cover, so it probably would be good if we have a discussion before you hammer away. We could use the forum, but github or our slack (contact Luis for access) might be a better idea.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 months ago #4476

jcshumpert

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Sure. I could work on a guide wherever you guys need it most. I would need some help to get the details regarding building fully from source (I keep having little issues and haven't gotten a consistently repeatable set of steps to work properly yet). Thanks to the work done by the OP I've been able to modify and get the install process for a Raspberry Pi utilizing docker to some quite simple steps.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 1 month ago #4501

Jamyz

Fresh Boarder

Hello everybody !!!

Is it possible to enter a password/user? style .htaccess or other?
Thanks.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 3 weeks ago #4510

Evid3nce

Fresh Boarder

Thanks TheStryder for your help and clear post, still I don't know why it's not working I did exactly what you explained.

Here are 2 screenshots maybe you can see something I'm doing wrong.

When I try to open a webpage to check if the library is set correctly I just got the message "Safari can't open ...."

Thanks in advance

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4511

alext41

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 5

hi, i'm new to it and will install it on my synology server. Can i also load 2 comic folder?

at the moment i see only this command:
docker run -d -p <port>:8080 -v <comics folder>:/comics --name=yacserver muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

but with that i can only specify one folder.

But first i run into this problem. I added the container, but i'm not able to browse to the server page after i startet the container. Do i need to enable some ports for this on the synology?

thx
@lex
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by alext41.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4512

alext41

Fresh Boarder

Evid3nce wrote:
Thanks TheStryder for your help and clear post, still I don't know why it's not working I did exactly what you explained.

Here are 2 screenshots maybe you can see something I'm doing wrong.

When I try to open a webpage to check if the library is set correctly I just got the message "Safari can't open ...."

Thanks in advance

This is the same problem that i have. I'm not able to access the web-page after generating all things in the docker configuration. I see the container as running but i'm not able to connect to him.

Maybe someone can help us with this.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4513

alext41

Fresh Boarder

I found a solution.
I selected that the Container should have the same network settings as the host.Checkbox "use same network as Docker Host" After that i was able to reach it via the default port 8080.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4522

Evid3nce

Fresh Boarder

Alex where do you find this setting ? Is it when you create the container ? Can you upload a screenshot please.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 2 weeks ago #4527

Evid3nce

Fresh Boarder

Ok I've found the Checkbox and it's working thanks for the tip Alex, it was not working at first due to the https.

Is there a way to actually connect in Https ?