Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.0.0

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3337

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

I have uploaded the beta versions of YACReader for windows and macos. Feedback is really important to be sure that everything works fine, so please give it a try and don't hesitate to post anything here.

I will update this post later with the full changelog for this new version. So far I need to know if macos apps are properly signed (try to install them and open a comic from YACReaderLibrary, let me know if it works), and I need to know if the flow is using hardware acceleration in windows (just post a screen shot of the flow so I can see it, please host the images in services like imgur.com/)

YACReader 9.0.0 rc1 for Debian/Ubuntu
YACReader 9.0.0 rc1 for Fedora/openSuse

UPDATED - RELEASE CANDIDATE AVAILABLE
YACReader 9.0.0 for windows 32bit (recommended)
YACReader 9.0.0 for windows 64bit (recommended)
YACReader 9.0.0 for windows 32bit - 7z (if you need 7z or arj support)
YACReader 9.0.0 for windows 64bit - 7z (if you need 7z or arj support)
YACReader 9.0.0 for macos

CHANGELOG

### Library and Reader

* Updated Qt to 5.9.1.
* Faster (way faster) pdf backend based on pdfium.
* unarr is used now for handling compressed files (there are some temporal side effects: f.e. 7z is not supported). YACReader can still be compiled using 7zip as decompresion library.
* Fixed fullscreen context menus (windows).
* Minor fixes.
* New app icons for Windows.

### YACReaderLibrary
* New comics view in addition to flow and grid views: info view.
* New side view for showing current comic info in the grid view (it can be shown using the icon in the right bottom part of the window).
* Improved the look and feel of the grid view.
* Fixed Comic Vine integration (using the new https end point).
* Usability fixes to Comic View scraper.
* Fixed UI update when clients update comics status.
* New server setting for disabling covers on folders in the client's remote browser (iOS), this is a workaround to fix a performance issue in large libraries.
* Fixed YACReader not found in macos.

### YACReader
* Added an option to disable showing the go to flow on mouse over.
* New "Quick Navigation Mode" for the go to flow feature, full-wide + a scroll bar, it can be enabled in the settings dialog. (thanks to Yuu Mousou).
* Zig-zag autoscroll reading mode, please see the reading section in the shortcuts dialog for enabling this, by default there are no keys assigned to the scrolling actions (thanks to Daisuke Cato).
* Menu bar added for YACReader in macos (thanks to Daisuke Cato).
* "Go to flow" is now manga aware (thanks to Daisuke Cato).
* Added "Open recent" menu entry.

### YACReaderLibraryServer (headless version of YACReaderLibrary)
* Added a system service file (systemctl) to run yacreaderlibraryserver in Linux based systems.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by selmf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, carmat06, AnMartini

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3339

AnMartini

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I've tried the beta on macOS High Sierra. YACReaderLibrary seems to work fine, but I haven't tried it with my real library, I've created one with only one comic for this test.
The problems I've found are two:
- if I try to open a comic via YACReaderLibrary it opens YACReader without problems, but I get this error popup and then if I click OK YACReader remains open with this window
- if I try to open a comic via the Finder it doesn't work because it says the developer isn't verified, but it seems it thinks the app is the car file (screenshot in Italian)

I hope it's useful!
- Andrea

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3340

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@AnMartini thanks for the feedback!

Your issue opening comics from YACReaderLibrary is in fact a bug. I will publish later a beta 2 with the fix.

To fix your second problem you have to change your "Security & Privacy" settings by checking "App store and identified developers" in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section. Let me know if works after doing that.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnMartini

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3341

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Updated macos version to beta 2.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3342

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

That was fast :cheer:
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3343

AnMartini

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Luis Ángel wrote:
Your issue opening comics from YACReaderLibrary is in fact a bug. I will publish later a beta 2 with the fix.

Wow! Really fast! I tried the beta 2 and it solves the bug.
Luis Ángel wrote:
To fix your second problem you have to change your "Security & Privacy" settings by checking "App store and identified developers" in the "Allow apps downloaded from:" section. Let me know if works after doing that.

My security setting was already "App Store and identified developers", the problem (I think) is that when I try to open a comic directly from the finder, macOS thinks the file itself is the app, and the developer of the file (I know it makes little sense) isn't certified. If I open YACReader and then open the comic from within the app it works, but opening a comic from the finder don't.

In this screenshot you can see that in Security & Privacy it says that it has blocked the opening of the .cbr file, while usually it says the name of the app.
- Andrea

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3344

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Ok thanks for the clarification, I will look into it.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3373

all4all

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Macbook air-high sierra Ipad pro iOS 11. No issues so far. Much faster. In terms of user functionality, i did not see anything new.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3374

all4all

Junior Boarder

additional input. All the mistakes of page nummering while reading in the server mode is now gone. All pages of a comic appear in correct sequence while streaming

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 6 months ago #3375

all4all

Junior Boarder

After spending time yesterday reading on iPad via streaming from the server, i came across the following,
When you finish a comic book it does not highlight it as red with a RED flag. Instead it continues to show it in progress with a YELLOW flag.Previous version was updating the server view as RED when last page was reached.