Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.0.0

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3569

AnMartini

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Hi, I've found a problem with the QR generator for the library server:

QR generator error!

Connecting via the app works without problem.
- Andrea
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3575

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

dhernan3 wrote:
I found it's a problem with my library. Maybe because it's migrated from older version and/or it's big and it's located in a SMB network share (from my Rpi). I created a new library on the same share, with a few comics and it works fine.

Hmm, I don't like how this sounds. How big is the library? Does this error happen from any folder in YACReaderLibrary? Is the problems consistent or does it happen intermittently, I also have a shared library through SMB in my network so maybe I would be able to replicate the issue.
222gb
The problem always happens with that library. I'm going to backup .yacreaderlibraryfolder and recreate the library, to check if it's a problem with my library, because other library created on the same shared folder (but much smaller) does not have problems.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3577

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
dhernan3 wrote:
I found it's a problem with my library. Maybe because it's migrated from older version and/or it's big and it's located in a SMB network share (from my Rpi). I created a new library on the same share, with a few comics and it works fine.

Hmm, I don't like how this sounds. How big is the library? Does this error happen from any folder in YACReaderLibrary? Is the problems consistent or does it happen intermittently, I also have a shared library through SMB in my network so maybe I would be able to replicate the issue.
Ok, it was a problem with my library. I've deleted it and rebuilt my library from scratch and now it works fine. I can open any comic without problem.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3583

tomfoolery_79

Fresh Boarder

I'm very very excited that you did a new version. YACReader is the best ComicBook reader in my opinion. However, I had to stop using the 8 version because of unresolvable bugs. I'm hoping 9 flushed them out.

Also, does this version support Touch screens? I have a 2-in-1 laptop (doubles as a tablet) and I have not found a Reader that supports Touch. This seems crazy to me in 2018 :D Please note, I'm talking about Windows 10 and not android or IOS tablets.

I've given you money before Luis and I'll happily do it again if 9.0 works for me and supports Touch.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3584

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Sorry, I'm afraid there's no touch support as such in the reader. What problems did you have with 8.x and did you submit bug reports?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3585

tomfoolery_79

Fresh Boarder

That's a bummer about Touch. This would really set YAC apart... Please considerate it for future releases.
I did submit for help and Luis graciously helped me. We got it working, then it reverted to not working a few days later. I didn't want to keep bothering Luis, so I just stopped trying. This was about 2 years ago and if I recall, the Reader itself would not launch either from opening a file or using the Server GUI. I'll download 9.0 tonight when I'm home for work and load up the Server and new library and I'll report back :)

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3586

selmf

Developer

Actually Luis and I did discuss touch support a few times. The consensus we reached was that we probably could improve the current UI for touch/touchpad usage using gestures, extra click areas and stuff but a full-fleged touch interface is out of scope. There's also the problem that we don't actually own any Windows Touchscreen hardware.

And please don't worry about bothering Luis. I do it on a regular basis so he's pretty much used to it and it's actually the sudden stop of communication and thus info if the bug was fixed or not which is the real nuisance.

Regarding your problems there is a good chance that they are gone. 9.0 has a new decompression and pdf rendering backend and also fixes several issues with launching the reader from the library.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3587

tomfoolery_79

Fresh Boarder

I wasn't looking for an overly complex complete touch interface, I was just simply wanting to swipe from right to left (and vice versa) to turn the page like you do on phones/tablets. 2-in-1 laptops like the Lenovo Flex series I think would be a comic readers dream machine. Like I said, I'll download the beta tonight to help with bug squashing.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3588

selmf

Developer

I think it wouldn't hurt to take another look at this once we've finally finished the 9.0 release. Feel free to remind me (or Luis) when we start rolling out development snapshots for 9.1.0.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3590

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

tomfoolery_79 wrote:
I wasn't looking for an overly complex complete touch interface, I was just simply wanting to swipe from right to left (and vice versa) to turn the page like you do on phones/tablets. 2-in-1 laptops like the Lenovo Flex series I think would be a comic readers dream machine. Like I said, I'll download the beta tonight to help with bug squashing.
I use PicoViewer for my Windows 10 tablet. It has touch interface, and it's very similar to PerfectViewer in Android.
To implement touch interface I think it can be implemented with bigger interface buttons, and for turn pages, add touch zones (from top to botton of the screen) at right and left to turn pages, no needed in a first place to implement gestures.