Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.0.0

YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug 6 years 4 months ago #3485

AnMartini

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Luis Ángel wrote:
Can I see a screenshot of the problem in comic vine scraper?
Hi, I'm sorry for replying so late! Here there are two screenshots, I hope they can explain the problem.
Luis Ángel wrote:
I don't understand your feature request, sorry :) Could you elaborate it please?
I'll try to explain it better. Usually in my library I have a folder for each series, and every time I want to add ComicVine information on a new comic I have to choose the right comic series. It would be useful if the series would be remembered for that folder, so that if I add a new comic in that folder when I want to add ComicVine info I only have to choose the right issue number, but the series is remembered for the folder. I hope it's more clear!
- Andrea
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 4 months ago #3489

Smith

Fresh Boarder

Luis,

I have a huge pdf library that I will update to when I am back from my business trip (about 10 days time)

Hoping the error of not finding the files and width of thumbnails is fixed. Happy to provide feedback

Thanks

YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug 6 years 4 months ago #3497

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

AnMartini wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry for replying so late! Here there are two screenshots, I hope they can explain the problem.

I have been testing this and I think the problem is in the Comic Vine side, I am just displaying what is coming from the server. So I won't add a "fix" for this in YACReaderLibrary.
AnMartini wrote:
I'll try to explain it better. Usually in my library I have a folder for each series, and every time I want to add ComicVine information on a new comic I have to choose the right comic series. It would be useful if the series would be remembered for that folder, so that if I add a new comic in that folder when I want to add ComicVine info I only have to choose the right issue number, but the series is remembered for the folder. I hope it's more clear!

Thanks for the explanation, and yes it would be a nice feature to have.

@Smith Thanks for the testing!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug 6 years 4 months ago #3498

AnMartini

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
I have been testing this and I think the problem is in the Comic Vine side, I am just displaying what is coming from the server. So I won't add a "fix" for this in YACReaderLibrary.
You're right, I can see the problem is in the Comic Vine response. I checked on their API forum and the problem has already been reported over a year ago (link), but it doesn't seems like the API is looked after. I understand that you don't want to put a fix that could result in a bug if they'll eventually solve the problem, and I also understand it isn't a big deal. Yet it's a little bit annoying.
Luis Ángel wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, and yes it would be a nice feature to have.
Thank you!
- Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3516

Luis Ángel

Administrator

9.0.0 Release candidate published. Links in the first post.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3517

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Permanently being crashed, when viewing 2 Gb CBR. May be we need x64 version for windows.

Edit: No links to pirated comics, please.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by selmf. Reason: Link to pirated comic.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3518

Luis Ángel

Administrator

bulochka wrote:
Permanently being crashed, when viewing 2 Gb CBR. May be we need x64 version for windows.

Thanks for reporting this. 64bit builds are already supported by the build system, I will upload a x64 installer later.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by selmf. Reason: Link to pirated comic removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulochka

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3519

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Added win64 version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxwill, bulochka

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3520

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel, thanks. Seems, all works fine on x64 version. No more crashes.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3521

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Sorry. New information about x64 version. I don't see crashes, but after several minutes of using it creates *.dmp file in AppData/Local/CrashDumps. x32 version don't do this. Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.125