Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader 9.0.0

More
8 years 8 months ago #3591 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
When changing the interface it usually comes down to two questions:

1. How hard is the feature itself to implement
2. How hard is it to integrate it usability-wise

Even if #1 is easy to do #2 can be a deal breaker. Writing the current zoom function was just adding a few lines of code at the right place, getting the interface feedback "just right" per Luis' standards proved to be tricky but it was worth it.

The reason I mentioned gestures as a possibility is that they don't require adding any special zones to work and the Qt toolkit we're using comes with predefined support for stuff like swipe, pinch, tap, etc. That makes it a good candidate for touch support.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3592 by tomfoolery_79
Replied by tomfoolery_79 on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Ok, just installed. Might want to add a "add desktop shortcut" option during setup. Maybe it was there and I glanced over it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3601 by moufoo
Replied by moufoo on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hello!

I've been meaning to test out YacReader for quite some time with a serverless version running on my remote server.

I managed to install yacreader through the ubuntu repository but after installing can't access the YACReaderLibraryServer command or YACReaderLibraryServer service.
Code:
systemctl list-unit-files | grep yac
returns nothing but
Code:
apt-cache policy yacreader
shows me YacReader 9.0.0rc1.

Have I missed out on something?

For now I'll be using the RaspberryPi tutorial to test it out but am willing to go back to a proper apt-get install if you have some answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3602 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
No, that is how it is supposed to be. The Linux packages don't include the headless library server. I will consider adding it once Luis considers it stable enough to stop recommending creating the library to be served with YACReaderLibrary instead of YACReaderLibraryServer :)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • michaildimdrakomathioulakis
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #3603 by michaildimdrakomathioulakis
Replied by michaildimdrakomathioulakis on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hi!

I'd liked to translate the interface into Greek.

Is that possible? If yes, how?

Carpe noctem!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3604 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Yes, that is certainly possible and very much welcomed from our side :)

As far as I know the translation process works by using a special App, "Qt linguist" to load predefined files containing the respective strings needed. Once you're finished this app will create translation files which we can then load into YACReader, depending on the locale your system is set to. Sadly Luis is a bit busy right now and I don't know the process well enough, so I can't walk you through it. If you wait a few days he'll probably get back to you ;)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3634 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Michail, for the translation take a look at this thread:

www.yacreader.com/forum/translators/19-h...-translate-yacreader

The info is a little outdated but still very much valid. Here's some updates related to the current RC1:

Get Qt Linguist from here:

github.com/lelegard/qtlinguist-installers/releases

Translation files for the release candidate can be found here:

bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/raw/.../yacreader_source.ts
bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/raw/...derlibrary_source.ts

Post your finished translation (and anything related) in the translators forum. I will talk to Luis about updating the information there.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3655 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hey, for those having problems getting the QR code in macos....I can't replicate the problem

Could you open this folder and see if `qrencode` is there?
Code:
right click on YACReaderLibrary -> show package contents -> contents -> MacOS -> utils -> (qrencode should be here)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3656 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hello... I'm just getting started with testing 9.0... sorry for the late arrival. I didn't realize a new version was around.

I'll throw a couple suggestions out on the table... I think I may have requested some of this a couple years ago, but who knows...

Would be nice to minimize to tray instead of taskbar.

Would be nice if, while building your library you could go into the books and reader while it builds in the background. In other words, YacReader has built the library up to letter "D"... I would like to read "Daredevil", so then I can go in and read it or browse covers, etc while YacReader builds the rest of the library E-Z in the background.

Thanks for the new version... I will report with any problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #3657 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0

Drybonz wrote: Would be nice to minimize to tray instead of taskbar.


I promised that time ago, and it still is a promise...sorry :oops:

Drybonz wrote: Would be nice if, while building your library you could go into the books and reader while it builds in the background. In other words, YacReader has built the library up to letter "D"... I would like to read "Daredevil", so then I can go in and read it or browse covers, etc while YacReader builds the rest of the library E-Z in the background.


You can stop the importing process and resume it whenever you want by updating the partial created library. It is just a workaround but it could work for you.

There are plans for adding autoupdates in the background, this will have to wait until these kind of background task will be done.

Drybonz wrote: Thanks for the new version... I will report with any problems.


Thank you for testing.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!