Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1345

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

No, any errors.

And... The annoying part: the storage meter on settings shows 1.44GB being used, despite I can see only one empty folder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1346

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

It seems that the data migration went wrong at some point, just delete the app and install again the beta for releasing this 1.4GB of data.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1347

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

The app is unable to access the camera to capture the QR Code of the library.

Everything shows black.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1348

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Hi!

I found another bug.
Error importing comics

There were error during the import process, please, check your files and/or network connectivity

Using Library version 8.0.0 on Windows and having the library folder on my Synology NAS.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1350

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yes Robson, this is a nasty bug that I have introduced in the last few days (while I was adding/finishing all the error management). I wasn't aware of it until the beta release.... :(
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1352

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Luis Ángel wrote:
@Drybonz, you have to receive a mail from Apple and you have to install the TestFlight app in your devices. If you don't receive the e-mail, please, check your spam folder.

Thanks, Luis... I got it. I think it just took a while for the email to show up. The test flight app is pretty cool... I'm surprised more developers aren't taking advantage of it.

Anyway... I'm all set up and I will report back before long with some impressions.

Thanks.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1354

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

I also have the downloading (importing) bug... but you guys already know about that.

I like that the sidebar on the initial network screen with the dropbox, cloud, etc... also, the new feature that allows the device to connect to the remote library automatically without going through the connect dialog each time is working very well and is very convenient.

I just checked out some double wide covers... I see the scroll bar at the bottom. I like that it is minimal and doesn't become distracting while reading.

I don't see too many other changes. My main suggestion, as someone who has a large library and only reads remotely, without ever downloading the books to my iPad, is that it would be great if the remote library browser looked just like the main area for downloaded books. Your "on-device" library section looks so slick, but I never get to use it because I never have books on the device. It would be great if you used that, seamlessly, with the remote reading/browsing library. Because .cbz files and PC comic libraries are getting so large, I think a lot of people are using remote reading and would appreciate it if you brought the look and features of the library section to the remote browser as well.

I'll let you know if I can think of more feedback. Thanks for the chance to evaluate the beta.

*edit* Almost forgot... I don't have any books at all in pdf format, but if I run across any I will test them out.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Drybonz.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1355

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Drybonz wrote:
I don't see too many other changes

Basically the change list is what you can see in the first post of this topic.
Drybonz wrote:
. My main suggestion, as someone who has a large library and only reads remotely, without ever downloading the books to my iPad, is that it would be great if the remote library browser looked just like the main area for downloaded books. Your "on-device" library section looks so slick, but I never get to use it because I never have books on the device. It would be great if you used that, seamlessly, with the remote reading/browsing library. Because .cbz files and PC comic libraries are getting so large, I think a lot of people are using remote reading and would appreciate it if you brought the look and features of the library section to the remote browser as well.

I am using the iOS app exactly as you do. I am tired of the importing web site :), so a best way for browsing/remote reading/importing is on its way. I will do it in two steps, the first thing is to change the current browsing screen, and then I would like to add a "pin a remote library in the iOS library section" feature.

I have to think about the UI, because it will be a little bit different from the current UI used in the library section (where to put the import button, and what user action should be used for remote reading, etc...)

Don't worry about pdf files, I am sure that other users will test this part :)

Thank you guys for your help, it is really appreciated!!
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1357

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
then I would like to add a "pin a remote library in the iOS library section" feature.

That is going to be very awesome. :)

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1363

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

I updated my PC library today and it started adding a large section of books that were already in the library (no reason to re-add them). It seems like this might happen when the remote library is open in the iOS app while you update the desktop library... I could be wrong but it seems like this is when it happens.