Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

More
11 years 4 months ago #1345 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
No, any errors.

And... The annoying part: the storage meter on settings shows 1.44GB being used, despite I can see only one empty folder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 4 months ago #1346 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
It seems that the data migration went wrong at some point, just delete the app and install again the beta for releasing this 1.4GB of data.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1347 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
The app is unable to access the camera to capture the QR Code of the library.

Everything shows black.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1348 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hi!

I found another bug.

Error importing comics

There were error during the import process, please, check your files and/or network connectivity


Using Library version 8.0.0 on Windows and having the library folder on my Synology NAS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1350 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Yes Robson, this is a nasty bug that I have introduced in the last few days (while I was adding/finishing all the error management). I wasn't aware of it until the beta release.... :(

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1352 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

Luis Ángel wrote: @Drybonz, you have to receive a mail from Apple and you have to install the TestFlight app in your devices. If you don't receive the e-mail, please, check your spam folder.


Thanks, Luis... I got it. I think it just took a while for the email to show up. The test flight app is pretty cool... I'm surprised more developers aren't taking advantage of it.

Anyway... I'm all set up and I will report back before long with some impressions.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1354 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I also have the downloading (importing) bug... but you guys already know about that.

I like that the sidebar on the initial network screen with the dropbox, cloud, etc... also, the new feature that allows the device to connect to the remote library automatically without going through the connect dialog each time is working very well and is very convenient.

I just checked out some double wide covers... I see the scroll bar at the bottom. I like that it is minimal and doesn't become distracting while reading.

I don't see too many other changes. My main suggestion, as someone who has a large library and only reads remotely, without ever downloading the books to my iPad, is that it would be great if the remote library browser looked just like the main area for downloaded books. Your "on-device" library section looks so slick, but I never get to use it because I never have books on the device. It would be great if you used that, seamlessly, with the remote reading/browsing library. Because .cbz files and PC comic libraries are getting so large, I think a lot of people are using remote reading and would appreciate it if you brought the look and features of the library section to the remote browser as well.

I'll let you know if I can think of more feedback. Thanks for the chance to evaluate the beta.

*edit* Almost forgot... I don't have any books at all in pdf format, but if I run across any I will test them out.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Drybonz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1355 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

Drybonz wrote: I don't see too many other changes


Basically the change list is what you can see in the first post of this topic.

Drybonz wrote: . My main suggestion, as someone who has a large library and only reads remotely, without ever downloading the books to my iPad, is that it would be great if the remote library browser looked just like the main area for downloaded books. Your "on-device" library section looks so slick, but I never get to use it because I never have books on the device. It would be great if you used that, seamlessly, with the remote reading/browsing library. Because .cbz files and PC comic libraries are getting so large, I think a lot of people are using remote reading and would appreciate it if you brought the look and features of the library section to the remote browser as well.


I am using the iOS app exactly as you do. I am tired of the importing web site :), so a best way for browsing/remote reading/importing is on its way. I will do it in two steps, the first thing is to change the current browsing screen, and then I would like to add a "pin a remote library in the iOS library section" feature.

I have to think about the UI, because it will be a little bit different from the current UI used in the library section (where to put the import button, and what user action should be used for remote reading, etc...)

Don't worry about pdf files, I am sure that other users will test this part :)

Thank you guys for your help, it is really appreciated!!

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1357 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

Luis Ángel wrote: then I would like to add a "pin a remote library in the iOS library section" feature.


That is going to be very awesome. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1363 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I updated my PC library today and it started adding a large section of books that were already in the library (no reason to re-add them). It seems like this might happen when the remote library is open in the iOS app while you update the desktop library... I could be wrong but it seems like this is when it happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!