- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
- donncha
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 4 months ago #1427
by donncha
Replied by donncha on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I don't usually use cloud services for syncing because my DSL upload is so slow, but I'll give this a spin later today to test it. Thanks for the reminder!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ClarkandBruce
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #1428
by ClarkandBruce
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Replied by ClarkandBruce on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hey Luis I used for testing Dropbox, Box and OneDrive I imported 15 test folder in all 3 and no problems at all. The one I use all the time is Dropbox.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1430
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
@ClarkandBruce cool, thank you very much for testing the other two services too.
@donncha thank you!
@donncha thank you!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- donncha
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #1442
by donncha
Replied by donncha on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I used Dropbox and synced comics using the autoimport button. Setting a default import folder was easy but the Autoimport button could do with some animation to make it clearer that the tap on it had registered. I didn't notice the import counter at first but then remembered the earlier posts about it so I watched out for it the second time I used it.
I haven't experienced any crashes since while reading webp files, so thanks for tracking down that bug!
I haven't experienced any crashes since while reading webp files, so thanks for tracking down that bug!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1443
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I tested importing comics from Google Drive, OneDrive and DropBox. All three worked fine!
But the storage leak is still there. Right now, I have 106.14MB used by 0 comics.
iPad 2 running iOS 8.3.
But the storage leak is still there. Right now, I have 106.14MB used by 0 comics.
iPad 2 running iOS 8.3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1444
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I reinstalled the app, to clean the storage leak and imported a new one comic.
This morning, I took my iPad to read it and... Where is the comic? I tried to find it using iFunbox, but it isn't there.
Now, I have 211.80MB used by 0 comics.
iOS 8.3 on iPad 2.
This morning, I took my iPad to read it and... Where is the comic? I tried to find it using iFunbox, but it isn't there.
Now, I have 211.80MB used by 0 comics.
iOS 8.3 on iPad 2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1445
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
@Robson, I can't see any storage leak myself. And definitely, the comics don't disappear
. In the simulators is ok, and I have tested in an iPad mini with iOS 7, and a couple of ipads 3 and 4 with iOS 8.3. I will try to use today an iPad 2.....
How did you import this last comic? How big is the file? Did you get any errors?
Anyone else is having these issues? Please, try to import and delete comics, and see how much storage is taking the app after deleting everything.
@donncha, you are right about the "animation/something"....I have fixed another bug in the WebP code that was affecting to the current beta.
How did you import this last comic? How big is the file? Did you get any errors?
Anyone else is having these issues? Please, try to import and delete comics, and see how much storage is taking the app after deleting everything.
@donncha, you are right about the "animation/something"....I have fixed another bug in the WebP code that was affecting to the current beta.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ClarkandBruce
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #1446
by ClarkandBruce
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Replied by ClarkandBruce on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I am not having any issues like that with either iPad or iPhone. I have been testing on both.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1447
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I'm again importing the same comic, which has 312.92MB. It looks like if the iPad sleeps during the import pauses and then restart, but some storage is taken by the interrupted import process.
After two pauses, the importing process is stuck on 0% and the storage reports 272.10MB for 0 comics.
Does this info help? Is there some log file I can get even using iFunbox and send you?
After two pauses, the importing process is stuck on 0% and the storage reports 272.10MB for 0 comics.
Does this info help? Is there some log file I can get even using iFunbox and send you?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1448
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I opened the settings on iOS and returned to the YAC Reader and... The import process restarted again!
I gonna try to avoid the iPad to sleep.
Let's see what happens.
---
## UPDATE
Closes to the end of the process, the app closed itself and the import process... Boom! It's stuck in 0% again.
Oh! Please, forgive me!
YAC Library is installed on Windows 8.1 and the library is on a network folder on a Synology NAS.
I gonna try to avoid the iPad to sleep.
Let's see what happens.
---
## UPDATE
Closes to the end of the process, the app closed itself and the import process... Boom! It's stuck in 0% again.
Oh! Please, forgive me!
YAC Library is installed on Windows 8.1 and the library is on a network folder on a Synology NAS.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by robson.sobral.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel