Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1427

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I don't usually use cloud services for syncing because my DSL upload is so slow, but I'll give this a spin later today to test it. Thanks for the reminder!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1428

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hey Luis I used for testing Dropbox, Box and OneDrive I imported 15 test folder in all 3 and no problems at all. The one I use all the time is Dropbox.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1430

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

@ClarkandBruce cool, thank you very much for testing the other two services too.

@donncha thank you!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1442

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I used Dropbox and synced comics using the autoimport button. Setting a default import folder was easy but the Autoimport button could do with some animation to make it clearer that the tap on it had registered. I didn't notice the import counter at first but then remembered the earlier posts about it so I watched out for it the second time I used it.

I haven't experienced any crashes since while reading webp files, so thanks for tracking down that bug!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1443

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

I tested importing comics from Google Drive, OneDrive and DropBox. All three worked fine!

But the storage leak is still there. Right now, I have 106.14MB used by 0 comics.

iPad 2 running iOS 8.3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1444

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

I reinstalled the app, to clean the storage leak and imported a new one comic.

This morning, I took my iPad to read it and... Where is the comic? I tried to find it using iFunbox, but it isn't there.

Now, I have 211.80MB used by 0 comics.

iOS 8.3 on iPad 2.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1445

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

@Robson, I can't see any storage leak myself. And definitely, the comics don't disappear :s. In the simulators is ok, and I have tested in an iPad mini with iOS 7, and a couple of ipads 3 and 4 with iOS 8.3. I will try to use today an iPad 2.....

How did you import this last comic? How big is the file? Did you get any errors?

Anyone else is having these issues? Please, try to import and delete comics, and see how much storage is taking the app after deleting everything.

@donncha, you are right about the "animation/something"....I have fixed another bug in the WebP code that was affecting to the current beta.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1446

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I am not having any issues like that with either iPad or iPhone. I have been testing on both.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1447

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

I'm again importing the same comic, which has 312.92MB. It looks like if the iPad sleeps during the import pauses and then restart, but some storage is taken by the interrupted import process.

After two pauses, the importing process is stuck on 0% and the storage reports 272.10MB for 0 comics.

Does this info help? Is there some log file I can get even using iFunbox and send you?

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1448

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

I opened the settings on iOS and returned to the YAC Reader and... The import process restarted again!

I gonna try to avoid the iPad to sleep.

Let's see what happens.

---

## UPDATE

Closes to the end of the process, the app closed itself and the import process... Boom! It's stuck in 0% again.

Oh! Please, forgive me!

YAC Library is installed on Windows 8.1 and the library is on a network folder on a Synology NAS.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by robson.sobral.