Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1459

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Yikes, I deleted all my comics (over 8GB of storage used), the app didn't respond, and I presumed it was deleting. I pressed the home button, nothing happened, waited 3-4 seconds, screen went black, pressed the home button and it caused my ipad to restart!

Storage usage is now 3.26GB with no comics.

I'll run a debug build of the desktop app for you, I'm running a Mac OS X desktop right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1460

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I cannot duplicate your problem. My iPad is set on 2 minutes auto lock. I put 3 folders with almost 4 GB of comics between them. My screen stays lit, past the 2 minutes, til they are imported. The iPad knows it is being used is why isn't doesn't time out. It never has since I have been using YAC. When I go into setting in YAC it shows I am using 4.57 GB, when I go into iPad settings, general, usage, manage storage, YAC shows 4.6 GB. I can't get anything to crash.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1461

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Well, this has been a lot of reading :)

@Robson I am not sure why your iPad is going to sleep while the import process is running, I have fixed this in beta 3, ClarkandBruce can import comics over his 2 minutes autolock. And I am importing serveral comics and it is taking serveral minutes, no autolock here.

@Robson ¿Are you reading comics while you are importing them?

@Robson I think that the issue is related to the NAS. The amount of time that your computer takes to open the file in your NAS is causing this 0% stuck, the iOS app is waiting for the file being ready in the server....if the wait takes too long it could cause an "import error"

@donnchan Are you using the beta2 in your Mac? I have fixed a bug causing those crashes, but I am not sure if it was the only one.

@donnchan I have deleted almost 6GB of comics and the app didn't block the user interface. What did you do after taping on the "delete" button?

Thanks!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1462

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

@Luis, I made more tests.

I'm importing a looooooooooong list of small comics. I haven't touched my iPad for over nine minutes now and it doesn't auto-lock or the app crashed. The importing process is on 43% and going without issues.

It looks like the apps just crashes or the iPad autolocks **if one single file takes more than the auto-lock time to import**. It doesn't matter if the file is being imported right from a local library folder or from a folder on NAS. I tested on both situations.

I'm not reading or doing anything while importing.

## update

Over twenty minutes of importing process and no issues. Yeap, it looks like small files don't cause any problems.
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by robson.sobral.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1463

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Oh! One more thing!

There's an encoding issue on the importing queue. Characters like "ç" or "ô" on file name turn into hieroglyphs from outer space cultures.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1464

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Yeah, I'm using beta 2. I just downloaded it today off the beta thread. Unfortunately beta 2 crashes all the time while importing comics into a new database. I'm just testing it again and will post on the thread for that if it crashes again.

After taping the delete button I waited a couple of seconds, and then when I didn't see any notification I think I tapped the import button, then settings and neither responded. Then I tried the Home button, waited a few seconds when nothing happened, the screen went dark and I tried the Home button again. I saw a flash of blue, then dark, then the ipad restarted.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1465

billyeastman

Fresh Boarder

Hey,
I just signed up for the beta through the google form...
Should i automatically get an email to join the beta or do you have to manually add me?

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1467

donncha

Fresh Boarder

No, you'll be manually added by the developer. Shouldn't take too long, a day or so at the most.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1468

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

More tests, guys!

I put some smaller comics on my local temp library. All from around 50MB to almost 80MB. At the end, that comic book with 320.

I imported all the folder.

Everything fine for the first, the second, the third... Several minutes and no issues and no auto-lock. Then, the bigger comic! Close to its end, the app crashes!

Now, I gonna test with some different big comics.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1469

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

@Robson Ok, it is clear that specially big comics are causing issues. I am creating a big file for testing.

@ donncha I think that, for some reason, crashes are more frequent in OSX. Obviously, those crashes are blocking bugs. I will keep trying to replicate bug on delete comics.

Will the new version be released someday? :cheer: :cheer:

EDIT: @Robson, I have imported a 450mb comic, the device didn't go to sleep at all and the import was successful. I need to borrow an iPad 2, and I will use an old computer as a server....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: donncha