Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

More
11 years 4 months ago #1364 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hi!

I tested to import folders and comics using iTunes and everything worked fine, but I found something weird.

Even after delete all the comics, the space isn't released.

Now I have 604.37MB used by 0 comics!

I gonna delete and reinstall the app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1367 by pedro_cucaracha
Replied by pedro_cucaracha on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hi Luis,

I can't use the beta anymore since test flight tells me, that the licence expired.

Best regards,
Stefan
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by pedro_cucaracha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 4 months ago #1368 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
My distribution provisioning profile expired yesterday...sigh :( Sorry guys

I will upload a new beta soon, probably this weekend.

@Drybonz, I am not sure if I understand you. Could you explain your issue a little bit more please?

@Robson, Are you sure that all comics were imported fine using iTunes. I have fixed a bug that was causing this storage leak when importing through iTunes failed. An another bug was causing fails while importing perfectly fine comics (an error generating the thumbnails)....

Thank you very much for all your feedback!

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1369 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Sure, Luis... the problem was that (on my desktop) I hit "Update Library" to add the newest books into my library. However, YacReader started "adding" a large number of books that had already been in my library for some time, and to which I had made no changes, so it had no reason to be "re-adding" them (This has happened a couple times now).

In speculation, I thought this might have happened because I had been browsing the library remotely, on my iPad, while the desktop library was updating. I couldn't think of any other reason it would happen, as it usually updates normally (meaning just the newest books I add).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1371 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I didn't actually opened the files. I just imported and then deleted all of them, because I had the impression YAC Reader was using much more storage than another app for the same files. I found it was this storage leak.

I tried to test again, but... The test period is expired.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1379 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hi, Luis!

The data migration issue on update is fixed.

If the app lose focus, the importing stops and then restart when you go back to the app. This is bad because the app doesn't prevents the screen to lock.

The importing process is really obscure. There's any indication of importing, besides a gray percent progress indicator on top right that gives the impression of a really slow process. The line below the monitor and the tablet could be a progress line. Plus, can we have something like "2/4" somewhere, that not that modal that appears on taping the progress indicator? I hated to have the importing info hided behind it.

There is some kind of storage leak yet. I imported and removed some comics, and the storage indicator showed 0.09MB for 0 comics. Then, I repeated the process: 0.37MB for 0 comics. I repeated again and: 0.53MB for 0 comics. Maybe a cache for the covers?


Bye, Luis!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1380 by ClarkandBruce
Replied by ClarkandBruce on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Hey Luis thanks for the beta test. Love the new look. Shocked me when I went to import. I imported 49 comics with file folder as YAC iPad TEST. Worked beautifully. Very smooth. I have "full cover" and does look better then before.

I then moved that folder to test browse PC and again worked perfectly.

After I deleted my read comics the settings does show the correct number of comics.

BTW I am using iPad Air 2.

I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by ClarkandBruce. Reason: spelling errors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1381 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

robson.sobral wrote: The importing process is really obscure. There's any indication of importing, besides a gray percent progress indicator on top right that gives the impression of a really slow process. The line below the monitor and the tablet could be a progress line. Plus, can we have something like "2/4" somewhere, that not that modal that appears on taping the progress indicator? I hated to have the importing info hided behind it.


Did you tap on the importing percentage? There is a whole new UI for control the import process....

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1382 by kerkness
Replied by kerkness on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Playing around with the latest build.

When i change the "Page turn tap settings" while viewing a comic I have to close the comic and then re-open before the new tapping selection is recognized. The comic still changes pages if you select the <- -> icons. Tapping will change the current page count but the view doesn't animate to the new page unless you close and re-open.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1383 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I tapped, @Luis. I found it by mistake.

I found weird to go to a screen just to see buttons to do what I already did. And all the info about what I'm waiting for is behind a tap on a faded percentage number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!