Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1384

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I have removed the blocking import screen because a lot of users requested it. In 1.6.5, if you are importing comics, you can't add more comics to the queue. With the new UI, you can keep adding new comics or even browse and read remotely while you are importing.

It is clear that the percentage indicator is not intuitive as a button, I have to think about how to add a hint or something...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1385

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

I agree that to edit the queue is an amazing feature! To be able to return to the library is awesome!

But I disagree on hiding the queue, even if you improve the button. You could show it below the tips, maybe. With an essential progress bar!

Please, forgive me if I'm bothering you.

Bye!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1386

Luis Ángel

Administrator

robson.sobral wrote:
Please, forgive me if I'm bothering you.

Not at all Robson, any discussions/thoughts/suggestions are always welcome. It is the only way that YACReader can improve.

Obviously, the 2.0 version is going to use the queue as it is (no time for major changes). But this doesn't mean that it could use a different approach in the future. We will see....
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1387

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Thanks, @Luis!

To make the percent indicator darker is already a good improvement!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1393

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

robson.sobral wrote:

To make the percent indicator darker is already a good improvement!

I agree that the percentage indicator should be darker.. took me a few glances around the screen to notice at first.. And tapped it by mistake to learn that it showed a detail view of the imports; which by the way, I love this new import detailed screen..

Maybe adding a text hint to tell users to "tap the percentage indicator for a detailed view of import queue"would be more intuitive.

A bug I noticed was that I could not Sync my read progress.. I tap on Sync button (int he Browse/Sync window of the app) and the Mac YAC Library 8.0.0 beta just quits completely..

everything else works well in my testing so far ( import from another app, import from iTunes).

It seems that the Mac OSX bug with fullscreen switching has been fixed as-well (could not replicate it).. so thanks alot for that.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1394

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I'm converting my comic book collection to webp so I was excited when I saw that the beta supported it. Unfortunately I've run into problems. I use a Simple Comics app to create thumbnails in Mac OS X of comic book archives but it doesn't support webp so I leave the first Jpeg file as a Jpeg. The comic book archive gets a nice thumbnail but the file is much smaller!

Those files import into the beta iOS app but when I read them the first page flashes up and the whole app dies. Maybe it's expecting the rest of the files to be Jpeg files too?

While navigating the import screens in the app sometimes the styling would disappear. I think it's more likely to happen while the desktop app is updating its library.

App is on the iPad Air, desktop is Mac OS X.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1397

Luis Ángel

Administrator

ClarkandBruce wrote:
Hey Luis....

Glad to hear you like it.

kerkness wrote:
When i change the "Page turn tap settings".......

This bug was affecting to iPhone, and it was happening every time the viewer settings were opened.

skrimaging wrote:

A bug I noticed was that I could not Sync my read progress.. I tap on Sync button (int he Browse/Sync window of the app) and the Mac YAC Library 8.0.0 beta just quits completely..

YACReaderLibrary 8.0 beta 2 should fix this.

donncha wrote:
I'm converting my comic book collection to webp so I was excited when I saw that the beta supported it....

Bug should be fixed in the new beta

Thank you all for the testing, your help is really appreciated :) :)
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1404

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

It works much better now! I can read the webp encoded pages, but there is the occasional "loading..." sign that I didn't notice before. Is that something to do with decoding the webp file? Usually it happens if I double tap to go forward two pages or tap to load the next page quickly after the current page loads.

The app crashes randomly now while reading. Maybe once every 20 pages or so, and when I go back to the app it resets the reading to when I last started reading, not the last page I had read.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1407

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@donncha the "loading..." is shown while the page is loading in background, if you are reading normally there is a buffer with your next/previous pages, so you won't see the loading. If you try to browse a comic too quickly you can see the "loading..." message. But it depends on how heavy are the pages of the comic.

Obviously the crash is something that shouldn't be happening. It could be a memory leak....I will check it.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 10 months ago #1426

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Is anyone using the cloud services integration?

I am not sure if I am not getting bug reports about it because everything is fine or because there are no beta testers using it.....